• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Randy

Dr Randy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:09 PM

I just ordered the x-ecuter 2 lite, not the programmer. Can i do everything with my PC or do i HAVE to buy the programmer.
thank guys!

#2 race7

race7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:26 PM

I have the executor2 lite in my box and I didn't have to get the programmer. The bios is preloaded on the chip so it will boot up. Couple of things you will need though. On your computer, download EvoX dashboard and some utilities like boxplorer and DVDX and if you want, you can flash the bios with OZflash and the EvoX D.6ef bios that has the eject fix. You will need to find a CDRW media that your Xbox drive will read. My Thompson drive won't read most of the CDRW's out there but I did find one that worked. I just had to keep erasing it when I wanted to do something new. You may get frustrated with that. You will need to be able to network to your computer via crossover or hub and will need an FTP client. Most guys use FlashFXP. Remember, this is important. Set your computer's IP address one number higher than your xbox IP address. FlashFXP IP server is xbox IP address -- user name and password are both xbox. Make sure you write down your computer's IP address before you change it because you will have to change it back to surf the net unless you have an extra NIC card you can dedicate just for networking to your xbox.
There's a lot involved. Feel free to ask questions.

#3 Dr Randy

Dr Randy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:34 PM

thank alot I really appricate the help. I am a new to xbox moding, did it with PS1 LOTS. Lot of different things with xbox. Another question is there a tutorial one what i should do as soon has i get the chip in, Like what steps to install Evox and the other stuff to download and install.
thanks again man

#4 the_ladie's_logarithm

the_ladie's_logarithm

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 23 August 2003 - 07:17 PM

You don't need OZFlash, because the x 2.2s have flashbios on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users