194 replies to this topic

#1 Raver758

Raver758

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:32 PM

Lately I've been wondering where people go once they die. some people say heaven kingdom of great places be with your family. A big garden and of coarse there's people who say your something of the past you might be remembered for 3m's then gone. No one exactly does know where they go. I was wondering what you guys think. I had a dream today where I woke up and I saw some of my dead relatives I asked them where I was and it was this room with some other people I never saw in my life. Someone told me I had a heart attack in my sleep and I got here. So I'm waiting in this room which is a bit crowded but people are quite. I look down and I see myself in bed sleeping I started crying cause I didn't want to die I just don't want a thought of myself dead. So later on someone opened the door and everyone got up. Then all I remember someone said I was to young and I started rolling over and I woke up. It was a depressing dream overall but it makes you think do you really rot in the ground or is there something for future waiting for you.

Yeah I know some of you people on xbn are going to Flame at me but Just thought I'll bring this discussion up.

Thanks

#2 JokkaPokka

JokkaPokka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:46 PM

well ive been speculating myself and i would just think its an obe without your physical body...

#3 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:47 PM

Interesting...

I think about death a fair bit but i always think about how i will die and what that will be like as opposed to the afterlife.

I think I am grossly desensitized when it comes to religion, the afterlife, politics...working in a bookstore, I see all the crank-pot theories and books on the topics. For example, the author Sylvia Brown(e?) has written numerous books on the topic...but they are all marketed to desperated middle aged women (you can so tell from the cover). Look here and see what i mean. The point I think I am trying to make is that anything in the media that pretains to the afterlife is bullshit. IF we have souls and IF they continue living when we die is beyond me.

Then again, it would be great if we moved on to a better place, but that gets us on the topic of heaven and hell. Sin and such. I would rather simply cease to exist than spend the rest of the afterlife in a place like hell. but I would also rather live in a better place than cease to exist. hmm...

damn dude this is deep...gotta go make some Deep 'N Delicious pizza and clear my mind...mmm delicious!

#4 JokkaPokka

JokkaPokka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:55 PM

dont forget about reincarnation..
the story of the guy who was stabbed in the head and was born again with the birthmark at the same place he was stabbed before? he remebered everything about the murder and when he owned a antique shop with his wife..

#5 Mechazilla

Mechazilla

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:13 AM

user posted image

Edited by Mechazilla, 24 August 2003 - 12:21 AM.

#6 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:16 AM

Mechazilla, did you realize that picture is an animated .gif with 58 frames, all of which are identical? no wonder its 460 KB

#7 dre145

dre145

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:20 AM

uhhum sorry this is just my point of view. this post isnt here to offend anyone just to share my point of view

This is something that we probably wont know since we cant die and live to tell about it.
Now people always think of the good and for the better. no one here admits they want to live life at the worst possiable rate right? people always say tomorrow will be better. People have made hope for them self's all throught the existence of man kind. religion and everything else is just a thing to give people hope and keep peace in the world. As we all think of the out come of our actions. Tell me when you havnt through that "God" was watching you and you shouldnt do something because *when* I die I'll go to hell.

all of this is just hope. im not saying hope is bad and that religion is bad. (Look its been around from "God" knows when) and its still around untill today keeping some sort of peace because its in everyones mind.

this might be a little hard to understand and read

but please dont be offended by this just prove me wrong and post your point of view I didnt post this to get flamed.

#8 Mechazilla

Mechazilla

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (dre145 @ Aug 24 2003, 01:20 AM)
but please dont be offended by this just prove me wrong and post your point of view I didnt post this to get flamed.

Your point is valid, no one can proove you wrong. As religion, supernatural existince, etc. is merely opinion there is really no factual basis to make certain beliefs more valid that others.

Game Over.

#9 Mast3r Ch13f

Mast3r Ch13f

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:30 AM

When we die I think there is nothing.

What I mean by this is that all what we are, is because of our brain. It makes us think, feel, want, (basically your entire personality)etc..... When we die, our brain dies which is what makes us who we are.

See where I'm getting at?

Concepts such as "afterlife" was created by people who feared not existing. Afterlife makes death easier to accept.

Sad but true.

#10 ivans_dc

ivans_dc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:44 AM

well what a simple question when you die you go .... into the ground, or into the flames... muhaha.gif

#11 Large Dopant white

Large Dopant white

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:09 AM

Wherever you believe you're supposed to go.
In my opinion, human belief shapes everything. If you're Christian and you believe you've lived a good life (and your God agrees with you), you go to Heaven. Likewise, if you've believed yourself to be an irredeemable sinner, you'll suffer in Hell, regardless of how your God thinks of you. It's easy to think of yourself as a good person, so your God has to confirm this before you're rewarded. However, it isn't easy to honestly believe you deserve to suffer after you die, so your God won't oppose this (except in some very specific situations).
The same applies to every religion. If you're Shinto and believe to have followed the ways of your spirit pantheon (be it a nature spirit, an ancestor spirit, or "demon"), then you join said pantheon in whatever realm it is a part of... except, of course, you wish to be rewarded for a life of sin, whereas you'll get only suffering. (Confusing? Blame it on LSD! biggrin.gif)
Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll rot in the ground when I die. In the end, as long as the Cycle is preserved and I get my due reward/punishment, I have nothing to complain about, even if it's banishment to a sort of Oblivion.

#12 Tengo_Down!

Tengo_Down!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:13 AM

sorry double partial post

Edited by Tengo_Down!, 24 August 2003 - 01:15 AM.

#13 Tengo_Down!

Tengo_Down!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:15 AM

Here the story with the man that died in the hospital but woke up later. It was coma.He said he saw his diseaced friends and families that greeted him, it was a wonderful experience he said. But once the man came out of stupor he returned to his body but he didn't want to. This was actual person, he was scoffed though

#14 novaisgod

novaisgod

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:40 AM

like Mechazilla sayed "game over " , light out , bye bye , your gone , their's no

comeing back in no shape or form

#15 Syrus

Syrus

Want Some Syrups?

• Admin
  • 907 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:41 AM

That got me thinking Raver758.

Recently my uncle passed away at the age of 47 (2months now). He passed from a massive stroke. Unfortunatley it damaged his brain to the point where he could not breathe on his own. It was very unfortunate.

A month before this happened, we celebrated the First Communion of his son. My mom and my uncle were talking. He asked her if she ever has dreams. She answered yes, and he asked what kind of dreams. Later he went on to tell her that lately he has been having dreams with many deceased family members. He told her about my grandfather, and grandmother. Also about my grandfather's brother. In life, they were all close. But it was odd that he was having these dreams, and didn't know why he was having them.

So as I said, a month later he had died.

So the point of this story? Enjoy life. You never know when you will die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users