• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:32 AM

I'm looking to move my emulator collection from my desktop to the xbox but all the different emulators available gets kind of confusing...
here's what I'm interested in:

MAME
Killer Instinct
Playstation
N64
Super Nintendo
Sega Genesis/CD/32X
NES
(maybe GBA?)

it'd be really nice if in the emulator section there were links explicitly to compadibility lists... it'd help a lot in deciding what emulator to get

I'm
SNES seems definilty xsnes9x, killer instinct seems definilty u64X, and playstation seems definilty PCSXbox but what about the rest?

any help would be greatly appreciated biggrin.gif

#2 Frosty Freeze

Frosty Freeze

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:58 AM

Kinda off topic and all bro, but your XBOX is $ick! How did you modify it, as far as the silver, and the blue neon on top? I want mine to look like that bro, if you don't mind. beerchug.gif

#3 Mechazilla

Mechazilla

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:07 AM

ARCADE
MAME -------------------------------------------------------- MAMEoX (v72b or later)
Kawaks ----------------------------------------------------- KawaX (v1.1 or later)
KIMAME ----------------------------------------------------- Ultra64-X (v1 or later)

Console
Playstation ------------------------------------------------- PCSXBOX (v8 or later)
N64 ---------------------------------------------------------- UltraXLE (v1.0b or later)
Super Nintendo -------------------------------------------- xSNES9x (v1.3 or later)
Sega Genesis/CD/32X ------------------------------------ NeoGenesis (v10 or later)
NES ----------------------------------------------------------- FCEUltra (v9 or later)
GBA/GB/GBC ------------------------------------------------ XboyAdvance (v5 or later)
NeoGeo Pocket ---------------------------------------------- NeoPopX (v2 or later)

Edited by Mechazilla, 24 August 2003 - 02:08 AM.

#4 tom_g05

tom_g05

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:20 AM

OMG, off the topic too that XBOX is FKN awesome. CAN I HAVE IT tongue.gif

#5 XenoFire

XenoFire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:38 AM

2600 - Z26
Amiga - UaeX
Arcade - MameoX, Kawa, Kiame..
Atart ST - Winston
C64 - FrodoX
Coleco - Koleko-X
Daphne - DaphneX
Gamegear/SMS - SMSPlusX
GB/GBC/GBA - XboyAdvance
Gen/32x/CD - Neogenesis
Intelli - Bliss X
Lynx - Handy X
MSX/MSX2 - FMSBox
N64 - Hmm, tough one.. Right now I'd go with UltraXLE though
NES - FCEUlta
NGP/C - NeoPopX
PCE/PCECD - Hugo X
PSX - PSCXBox
SC3000/SG1000 - SC3X
SNES - XSnes9X
WS/WSC - OswanX (no sound, but it's the only emulator)
SCUMMVM - Well, SCUMMVM =P
Sairen - SarienX

Did I miss anything? =P

#6 crobar

crobar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2003 - 05:11 AM

final burn alpha!!

#7 anti-pop

anti-pop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:46 AM

Check Mr. Jone's list:

http://forums.xbox-s...288#entry605642

#8 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:01 PM

cool thanks for all the good info....

oh and inquiries about my xbox... the silver is just a skin kit from console skins (I think... it's been a while)

the jewel was removed... polished clear and then tinted with limo 2.5% tint from walmart... and it' has a 80mm circular cathode (I'd suggest using a larger% because the 2.5 is a little too dark)

the LED in the front has superbright blues

and it's hard to see but the DVD dongle is hardwired all the way to the left... it's got a switch so when a controler is plugged in port 4 it automaticaly switches over.

I wrote a tutorial for the dongle mod too: http://www.thoughthe...hardwiredvd.htm

~CHU

#9 Swisha

Swisha

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 01:35 AM

PJ64-X.V0.70.XBOX-COMPLEX is a good N64 emu

also here is a list of compatible roms

http://forums.xbox-s...3669&hl=quake 2

#10 Swisha

Swisha

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 01:39 AM

also like the trick xbox

im gettin ready to remove my xbox logo and put green glo wire under the window with a frosted look so that you cant see the insides. hope it turns out as nice as yours.

btw did you get that from system mods? just wonderin cuz i seen mods like that on there site.

Edited by Swisha, 25 August 2003 - 01:39 AM.

#11 Bender_Unit_1

Bender_Unit_1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 05:15 AM

I know this is off topic, but everybody really seems interested in his xbox.
You can find a tutorial for it here: http://xbox-scene.co...s/neon-logo.php

-Bender

#12 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Bender_Unit_1 @ Aug 25 2003, 02:15 AM)
I know this is off topic, but everybody really seems interested in his xbox.
You can find a tutorial for it here: http://xbox-scene.co...s/neon-logo.php

-Bender

thaks for trying to explain it but I did things a little different....

step1: is removing the original jewel
take apart the xbox and use a heat gun on the jewel for about 10 minutes... take some dental floss (fishing line might work to) and hold it in an upside down U and try to sneak it under the jewel... this is very tricky and more difficult than using a screw driver (like most people do) but it wont deform any of the part and is the safest way to remove the jewel. once you got it under keep holding the ends straight up and down and work it back and forth until the jewel comes off (use more heat gun if nessary).

step2: make the jewel clear
there are many tutorials on this the best of which can be found here: http://www.modzone.d...?s=&threadid=36
I followed this almost exactly and it works fantastic... (yes tooth paste does work)
patiences is a virtue... this is a pain in the ass but it's worth it

step3:cut a hole where the jewel was.
there is solid plastic backing where the jewel was so to shine light through your new jewel you need to have a hole there... use a dremel and take away everything but a 1/8" lip around the edge...

step4:smooth the hole
once this is done take some rough (about 240 grit) sand paper and go around the edge of the hole you just cut and take off any jagged edges and make the lip as even as possible all the way around. once that is done use a 500 or 600 grit sand paper and do it again... this will create a nice rounded lip along the hole you just cut... trust me it will look like the xbox was made with it if you do it right.

step5: install a circular blue cathode
xoxide.com has these for sale.. they're 80mm fans with circular cathodes attached. just buy the fan and there are 4 screws holding the cathode down. look under the lid of the xbox where your hole was and there sould be a larger lip hanging down around your hole the cathode will fit perfectly around that, dont worry about light getting through.. it will. I used electrical tape to tape down the four tabs that used to have the screws in them. then I ran the wire off to the back and put the metal shielding back on. I placed the electronics parts for the cathode behind the DVD drive.

step6: tinting the jewel
pick up some automotive window tint from wal mart (about $10) cut a small 4"x4" square of it and follow the instructions on the back to tint the back of the jewel. this creates a really cool effect so that when the xbox is off it looks painted black but when it's on it glows bright blue... I used the darkest tint possible (2.5%) and if I were to do it again I'd use a lighter tint (maybe 25% or 35%)

add a generic silver skin kit and your xbox will look just like mine...
sorry for those of you who thought you could do it by just buying a kit but I like my stuff custom wink.gif (you should see my PC)

#13 elfey1

elfey1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Xbox,(or i wouldnt b here) playing music, going out.

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:54 PM

are there any detrimental effects of permanantly removing the metal guard underneath the jewel? cus i want neon too! rolleyes.gif

#14 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (elfey1 @ Aug 27 2003, 04:54 PM)
are there any detrimental effects of permanantly removing the metal guard underneath the jewel? cus i want neon too! rolleyes.gif

the metal shielding is there to protect from interfearance from other devies... no one has EVER reported problems removing any of the shielding in the xbox...

and mine is still in, you dont have to remove it to put a light in...

#15 elfey1

elfey1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Xbox,(or i wouldnt b here) playing music, going out.

Posted 28 August 2003 - 11:54 AM

cheers, i didnt think there would be much room for the light to shine through with the metal in the way so i assumed you had removed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users