• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 -shinobi-

-shinobi-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 04:52 AM

I got done by the phoenix logo loop error but now am trying to fix this. All i want to do is to be able to access the drives & folders on the xbox HD. I did the hotswap trick and it worked.. sortof. I am running XP, the xbox HD is detected but is unable to install drivers for it for some reason ? its a Seagate ST310211A. anyways.. i run HDD Driver to connect to my unlocked xbox HD and i am able to backup the drive to a .bin file. Now how can i browse in that file so i can add/delete files in there. Coz the only option in HDD Driver is backup & restore and they both work. I dont know how to edit the contents of the bin file (as in explorer view). Does anyone have any suggestions? please?

#2 Crafton

Crafton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:11 AM

Try to use
Fat X plorer or Fat Explorer

I'm not sure but i think it can open a hdd image.

can be found here : http://www.xbox-scen...?page=harddrive

#3 ^ChRoniC^

^ChRoniC^

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Crafton @ Aug 24 2003, 01:11 PM)
Try to use
Fat X plorer or Fat Explorer

I'm not sure but i think it can open a hdd image.

can be found here : http://www.xbox-scen...?page=harddrive

When i tried fat x plorer it picked up the drive and then the program jus closed. and the other one jus lets u look at the image file with option to dump files from image ; but nothing happens. this is my experience with those apps

#4 ^ChRoniC^

^ChRoniC^

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (-shinobi- @ Aug 24 2003, 06:52 AM)
I got done by the phoenix logo loop error but now am trying to fix this. All i want to do is to be able to access the drives & folders on the xbox HD. I did the hotswap trick and it worked.. sortof. I am running XP, the xbox HD is detected but is unable to install drivers for it for some reason ? its a Seagate ST310211A. anyways.. i run HDD Driver to connect to my unlocked xbox HD and i am able to backup the drive to a .bin file. Now how can i browse in that file so i can add/delete files in there. Coz the only option in HDD Driver is backup & restore and they both work. I dont know how to edit the contents of the bin file (as in explorer view). Does anyone have any suggestions? please?

I fixed the files on my drive using xlinux ; its alot of screwing around if ya dont know linux. but it werks. so after i got the hdd unlocked; fixed ready to go back in box; now it gotta be re-locked. This is no prob if u have a new hdd to go in, but the OEM one is frozen"and unlockx says the drive in not lockable;cue to being froze"u can unlock ;but cant relock it. apparenlty my answer;and prob yours; is to get a mod chip and lock it using that somehow.because apparenlty you cant re-lock it with your PC.<<<<someone prove me wrong thus solving our probs.

#5 scooby_dooby

scooby_dooby

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:00 PM

hex-edit the backup you made, you have to find 4 values to change to '....' that fixes it, takes about 10 seconds

check lord alderon's tutorial

Edited by scooby_dooby, 24 August 2003 - 06:00 PM.

#6 -shinobi-

-shinobi-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 01:28 AM

unsure.gif so if i do the hex edit.. the only way (still) to access the drive is xlinux? coz i have NFI about linux!
i guess the only way (as menitioned) to fix this is if i just modchip it?

#7 scooby_dooby

scooby_dooby

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 05:21 AM

no, if you hex edit the backup hdd_drver will now let you browse the harddrive and insert/delete files

#8 -shinobi-

-shinobi-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 01:25 AM

i followed alderans tutorial.. up to the part where i have edited the files with hdd driver. when i restore the other partitions after that (1 by 1, exiting and re-opening hdd driver) i get up to user partition (ther last one) - then when i restore the user partition and exit and reload hdd driver, it gives me the incorrect file size error?? but the other times (before i restored -user-) it would should the tree.
anyway, i then restore the last one and shut down. plug hd back in xbox, turn it on, and i get "error 21"
sad.gif
any ideas?

#9 scooby_dooby

scooby_dooby

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 07:15 PM

k, well doesn't alderon's tutorial only specify a couple partitions to restore? not all of them as i remember.

1. make 2 backups, call one original, the other edited.

2. Hex edit the Edited.bin file as specified in the tutorial. Then restore the specified partitions. If you see the tree view at any point STOP, that's good enough. The point of this restoring is only to see the tree view.

3. Ok now you insert any files you need.

4. THe last step is restoring the partitions to their unedited state, using the first back you made, original.bin.

you see, you edit the paritions in order to let HD Driver se the files, but after that has been accomplished you don't want to keep those edited values, so you use the orignal partitions to fix everything back to the way it was before.

#10 bunnyx0r

bunnyx0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:03 AM

If you already have your xbox modded to where it can boot burned cds you can find the NewHDEvox1.4.rar and burn it off on a cd. It has a program on it that will fix this problem for you.

#11 -shinobi-

-shinobi-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:47 AM

bunny.. this is for a unmodded box with the pheonix exploit.

scooby..
the first restore i make is the edited image
so thats the one it starts off with
then i restore the back image's system partition
ok
i can see the tree (which is all the files in the root c: and the Audio folder & skin folder)
ok.. i transfer all the exploit files i need ( i make sure im doing everything correctly)
so after i have done the file transfers, dont we need to close the disk (or put the fatx back onto it)?
becoz what im guessing is it wont read the start of the disk coz its not fatx, but if i restore the system partition from the original.bin, wouldnt it just cancel out all the file transferring i did and copy that partition over it? catch my drift?
coz i can get it back to normal just restoring the whole original.bin but with the way i did it, i get the screen o death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users