7 replies to this topic

#1 rene666

rene666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:55 PM

hi

question, why dont all amiga 1200/500 work on uaex, alien assault, turrican, etc work fine, but games like max rally, mad news etc dont. the game files are correct, they work perfect at winuae.

is this normal ore am i doing anything wrong????

#2 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:17 PM

It is always good to tweak your config file, and make multiple copies to load from.

#3 kvajnto

kvajnto

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 02:26 PM

I have only played a few a500 games, and they all played fine. But maybe the problem is that you are using a kick rom for a1200 when trying to play a500 and vice versa? Make two copies of uae-x with diffrent kick roms.

I have NO idea what I'm talking about, just trying to give you some ideas. =)

#4 SkmNet

SkmNet

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:34 PM

do u guys know how to play Shadow of the beast 1? it always freezes right after the red arrows should appear (ex.at the well just after starting). i couldnt manage to solve that.... would be so cool to play it on the box!!!!!! UNREAL by ubisoft does not work,too :-(

#5 Romps

Romps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (SkmNet @ Aug 24 2003, 09:34 PM)
do u guys know how to play Shadow of the beast 1? it always freezes right after the red arrows should appear (ex.at the well just after starting). i couldnt manage to solve that.... would be so cool to play it on the box!!!!!! UNREAL by ubisoft does not work,too :-(

i posted on the ueax forum about that ages ago look in the readme of ueax got the forum and see if it had been answered on my last look it was said it didnt work maybe someone has now made a config that let it works

i use the sega cd version now its got cut scenes on this one

#6 SkmNet

SkmNet

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:48 PM

thanks, i will lokk for that. didnt know there was a Beast1 on SCD!!?? has it cd audio?the original amiga melodies?? would be cool! i have beast2, but it has a different music.

#7 SkmNet

SkmNet

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:57 PM

just checked the forum, there is no reply about getting it to start.... :-(
and the sega version is only beast2 on....

#8 BlaCkAdDa

BlaCkAdDa

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:53 PM

As per above, be careful which ROM and what your RAM & FDD settings are.

If the game is an old 500 game, try turning off all other drives, making sure you have the OCS selected, use only 512k of chip and at the most 512k of slow ram and use a 1.2 or 1.3 workbench.

Many A500 games did not work on the 1200 and had problems if the machine had too many expansions so the same would apply to an emulator... I've had more luck getting some things to run via emulator than I have on my 1200.... but I'm not sure if UAEX has some different probs to UAE, as I havent used UAEX much yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users