12 replies to this topic

#1 dsj1

dsj1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:29 PM

Can someone here help me out with setting up daphne-x .96?
I read the nfo file but it doesn't give me enough info.

I have the mpegs and the .ogg/.dat file all seem to be in the "mpeg2' folder for pc version.
also do i make a "framefiles" folder and put my frame files from the pc version in there?
I also have an images folder on the pc version with all the .jpegs of the games does daphne-x use this too? would I just copy that folder to daphne-x root dir?

hope someone can help me out who has made this -I'm going to make on dvd-r using recordnow dx 4.6

thanks!!

#2 Romps

Romps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:33 PM

if u extract it to a folder on your pc u will see where u put everything

u need to change the first line on your framefile read the readme it tells u what to change it too

infact it even gives u the name of every game that works and what files to put in there

#3 dsj1

dsj1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:57 PM

ok but what about using the "images" folder with pics(jpegs)of all the games? does it support that? it doesn't extract a roms folder either but I assume the roms need to be in a roms folder. roms-lair etc. have you used this yet does it work nice?
also no frame files folder gets extracted either do i make one and put the frame files in there? thanks

#4 Romps

Romps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:12 PM

strange coz mine extracted with all the folders
it doesnt support jpegs of the games but it has its own little pics when u choose the game u want to play
u need a

framefile folder all framefiles go in here need first line changing and naming right look in readme for that

a mpeg folder (should be there allready) with folders in there named correctly to corosponding game (readme again) and all the .dat .ogg .m2v .mpg files depends on the dump to what files u got

and a rom folder with folders again to game with the correct roms in there

and yes i have used it and it is ok if u like them sort of games they only apeal to me for like 10 mins

#5 dsj1

dsj1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:19 PM

ok thanks so much for all the info my zip didn't have those folders-for some reason it's .96
is that the newest?

#6 dsj1

dsj1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:25 PM

one more thing mine are mpeg2's do i call the folder "mpeg2" or "mpeg" does it matter?

thanks again!!

#7 Romps

Romps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:32 PM

u call the main folder mpeg still then just put the mpeg into the correct folder inside

#8 dsj1

dsj1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:46 PM

thanks going to try this now!

#9 dsj1

dsj1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:36 PM

ok followed all instructions and burnt with recordnow dx data/files/folders method. the nfo states that on dvd it can't be over 1 gig. but is this referring to iso creation? Well it boots right up to the xbox can't recognize this disc/may be dirty or damaged etc. info.
so I either have a bad zip or this isn't retail patched? I'm using an executer 1 chip?
any info?

thanks

#10 room88

room88

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 08:31 AM

For the purposes of this forum, since I don't know how to get a backslash to show in here.. I've substituted "/" instead.. so don't get confused! just change all / to backslashes when you're actually doing it. If you can't figure that out then forget it) biggrin.gif

Anyway, I don't know where you got your Daphne .096 but it should have unzipped to all the required directories. And they are:

/framefile
/mpeg
/pics
/roms
/sound
daphne_xbox.xbe
font.xpr

Basically, the only thing I did to get it to work, was

1. Put the framefiles into the framefile directory using the SPECIFIED framefile names described in the .nfo file. (i.e. lair.txt, ace.txt, astron.txt, etc.). Of course within each framefile, you have to have the roms path entered AS SPECIFIED in the .nfo as well (i.e. ./mpeg/lair)

2. Next the mpegs should go into a directory with the same convention. I don't know where you got the idea to do a "mpeg2".. if you just read the .nfo it will tell you that's not the way it goes dry.gif . The directory name for each game has to be as specified.

ex.
mpeg/lair
mpeg/ace

3. Same thing for the roms:
ex.
roms/lair
roms/ace

4. Next. Since the name of the main executable is "daphne_xbox.xbe" you have to change it to "default.xbe", especially if you're trying to make a bootable dvd-r. If you didn't rename it, then the xbox will never be able to boot it up from dvd

That should be about it unless I forgot something jester.gif

#11 dsj1

dsj1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 04:32 PM

Thanks so much for the detailed info on this-much apprecaiated! The problem i think is the last part "daphne_xbox.xbe" I didn't rename it to "default.xbe" that's why it doesn't boot up! Why did they not re-name it in the zip file? Also there shouldn't be a 1 gig limit using the recordnow dx method of data/files/folder correct? well will try and thanks again!

#12 dsj1

dsj1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 08:53 PM

thanks everyone for all the help it works perfectly on dvd-r- made a dragon's lair and space ace multi-disc.

thanks!!

#13 dsj1

dsj1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 04:04 PM

ok-i got dragon's lair and space ace to work fine-also i'd recommend only 1 game per disc as seek time does suffer with more than 1 game per disc!!

Well i made cliff hanger and followed all the renaming of folders/roms etc. and i got this error -daphne got an error=( could not open file:d;/(backslash)mpeg/cliff/ch.m2v
please read the daphne_log.txt file for more information
How do I read this log? I think the framefile is not correct-I'm using files mpegs/roms etc. from a pc version of daphne-the dragon's lair and space ace work great! There's different versions of the framefiles on the pc discs aswell? My zip archive(daphne-x .96) did not contain a framefiles folder or files and no mpeg,roms folders either? is there a zip that has all the correct framefiles in it? Also tried super don quite and same exact problem! With super don quite it said to rename the mpeg folder, framefile to "superdon" all except the rom keep as "sdq". Well can someone post the correct framefiles for the daphne-x xbox version of the compatible games here? Wasted a few dvd-r's with this trial and error method.
Any help would be great!!

thanks-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users