X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (ESAUD @ Oct 13 2003, 11:12 PM)
This entire FAQ is out of date - the latest versions of EvolutionX can lock and unlock the HDD with a simple menu command. biggrin.gif

can you explain to me how that works? i've always wanted to know how

if i had a unlocked hard drive with a modchip running and i wanted to say put it on an exploit box, the hdd would have to be locked with the virgin box's key

if i had the virgin box load evox with the lock commands from dvd-rom
put in a hard drive with all the exploit files in there while it's still on
and i goto menu and push lock
it will lock with that xbox's unique key?
then the virgin will play off the new hdd?

#17 Purple_83

Purple_83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:32 AM

I need some help guys!

I have had the chip containging the HD key replaced on my Xbox to fix another non functional xbox (dont ask...)

I have the key for the new chip. I am running evox on an unlocked 120gb hd, and everything still runs fine. HOWEVER, if i ever try and load the original dashboard i get the genieric error even through it worked fine beforeve replaced the dashboard files to no avail. Any ideas why this happens? If i lock my HD will this solve the problem?

#18 Qtip2013

Qtip2013

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:18 AM

Yes i am about 95% sure that to get to any original xbox program you have to lock it and have a bios that boots to something other than xboxdash.xbe you must leave your orginal xbox dash named that. I know that my xbox kept giving me error 21 when I tried to load the orginal xbox dashboard untill I locked it.

#19 artic_hammer

artic_hammer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:09 AM

well.. ive been reading this thread and it almost answers a question of mine... i have a FRAG xbox.. im going to buy a replacement motherboard and install that.. is there ANY way i can run the old harddrive without having to switch the EPROM chip? i mean.. after i have a modchip installed with the latest evox BIOS, could i take the new harddrive that comes with the motherboard out and plug my old harddrive in and have evox lock it with the new motherboards key so that i can use that harddrive when the chip is off? is that possible to do because i really dont want to solder anything

#20 RaptorEM

RaptorEM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:20 AM

I have a softmodded box that I want to swap drives with my modded box. How do I make my softmod recognize and run the drive and run evox?

#21 kmcdavid

kmcdavid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:45 AM

I have a modded xbox and lately I've been getting the red flashing light and the error message. It just did that one day. The error code is 5 which I believe means my hdd is not locked but I've been using the box for months and this is the first time I've had this problem. I have an executer 2.2 pro modchip. can anyone help me?

#22 anticloud

anticloud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 08:38 AM

whats the largest GB hard drive an xbox can support? im thinking of putting a 250 GB drive in mine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users