24 replies to this topic

#1 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 07:43 PM

So now you getting excited to see what your Xbox can really do! This is a great program to start with. EVOLUTION-X!!!

note: DO NOT ASK WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS PROGRAM ANYWHERE IN THE FORUMS AS IT IS AN ILLEGAL PROGRAM< AND WE DON"T DO ILLEGAL THINGS HERE! THIS IS JUST FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES!

Whew had to get that off of my chest. Actually I think there is a FAQ on wher to find software for the Xbox, try a search for it tongue.gif

"Ok so get to the point already!!!!!!" this is what you are thinking right now most likely so I will move right along with...... This program will change your Xbox experiance altogether. You will be able to do things you were never able to before. Here is a list of what you can do with this program.

1. You can play games directly off of your HD.

2. You will be able to utilize a larger HD. (This is only possible if you have a bios that supports a larger HD such as Evo-X 2.5, Executor, etc.)

3. You will be able to remotely debug your Xbox. (Don't worry about this at this point!)

4. Evolution-X (also known as Exo-X) primary function is to turn your Xbox into a FTP server so that you can connect to it via a FTP client from your PC or MAC.

5. Evo-X replaces your existing dashboard.

6. Evolution-X the application is different from Evolution-X the bios. Bioses are listed as versions 2.4, 2.5, etc whereas the app is labeled 1.8.2xxx, 1.8.4xx, etc

Well this became not so brief but I hope it helps. other FAQ's should be or are already posted that will explain how to utilize this program. This is just so you can get a brief understanding of what this program is. Cheers and have fun!!!!

-M3

#2 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 06:45 PM

Just a note.

Evolution-X 1.8.2xxx is newer than 1.8.4xx

This is decieving yes but it is the truth. i believe the newest version is 1.8.2182 or somewhere along those lines.

Good day

#3 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2002 - 10:40 PM

Well, for future posterity, those curious should go to the Evo-X web site: Evolution-X and select "Releases".

As of today's post, 1.8.2182 is the current release.

#4 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 January 2003 - 08:50 AM

The newest version of EvolutionX is 1.8.3285

#5 mattb

mattb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Anything the ATF considers illegal. Wait, I'm just joking and I don't smoke! Wink, Wink!
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 January 2003 - 12:14 AM

How to auto-launch MS Xbox DVD player from Evo-X (v0.1) laugh.gif Don't forget Evolution X is a gateway into the world of software for Xbox. Without it, the person has no base to excel. Such examples include the ability to establish programs like boXplorer and xboxcopy. For extreme newbies trying to visualize this, look at it this way, the Evolution X program acts as the My Computer screen in Windows. Without this program, everything you know about other programs is null and void until you understand how to use this program and setup the ".ini" notepads. Remeber I'm just describing the purpose for these newbies friendly tutorials
1.Basic education here: Evolution X FAQ
2.Setup Guide:Evolution X setup!
3.Unless you have a DVD burner or don't want to go thru downsapling, you will go out and buy a harddrive like me or lose, so click here!If you want to make your own backups
4. If you still want to use your old MS dashboard!Link to MS dashboard guide!
5. If you bought the DVD player dongle for 40$ click hereHow to auto-launch MS Xbox DVD player from Evo-X (v0.1)
6. If you have a PC DVD drive and don't want to mess around with choosing the right brand of media, click hereHow to add a PC DVD to boot CD-R! Remeber this will probably be a temporary setup if you have a 80 gig HDD or up! This will only be used to boot the Evolution X for the first time if you are planning on launching games or Apps from your harddrive.
7. xISO creation is covered completly herexISO creation I recommend ISO maker for xISO creation, because it uses GDFI by MS. I recommend Blind Write for burning the ISO's, but beware, because it isn't covered in these forums.

#6 MaTRoN

MaTRoN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 05:51 PM

Its V1.8.3285

#7 vidgms4me

vidgms4me

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 01:01 AM

Now, the current is 1.8.3752

#8 danovich

danovich

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:35 PM

EvoX latest version is now 3921

#9 NeOnRaBbIt

NeOnRaBbIt

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 462 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 December 2003 - 12:12 AM

now its the 3935

#10 turbocreed

turbocreed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:05 PM

Do I need to get the latest one?

#11 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:00 AM

New releases either add a couple of new features or fix bugs from the previous release. So downloading a "stable" newer version is good. By stable i mean one that isn't brand new but one that has been out for a while and most if not all of the bugs are fixed in it. New versions / Beta versions tend to have a couople of bugs in them. How bad these bugs are depends on the application.

The newest release of Evolution X to date is Evolution X version 3935

#12 Hiredgun

Hiredgun

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 February 2004 - 04:11 PM

I am still doing some research on this topic and I was curious if any mod chip will do in order to run EvoX or do I need a certain one?

I am looking at either X-BIT, Xenuim w/ solderless adaptor, or Xecuter 2.3 Pro

Do I need any other equipment besides the EvoX program?

#13 iwinulose

iwinulose

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:47 PM

u need a computer and a hub
plus an ftp program
smile.gif

#14 nakyrebel1

nakyrebel1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:14 PM

hey i need some one to help me. im new and i didn't flash my chip before installing it not asking for anything just some one to guide me to what i need.
Thax
sad.gif wink.gif blink.gif nakyrebel1

p.s now my xbox wont work at all need help.

#15 counter terrorist dan

counter terrorist dan

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:28 AM

soo... not to get banned or whatever, but how is evo-x illegal? i've seen posts about where to download it before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users