• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 acid1234burn1234

acid1234burn1234

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:03 AM

I'm planning on modding with out a mod chip with linux. Can i download evolution-x on my none modchip xbox.

#17 newbiemodder15

newbiemodder15

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:02 PM

do i have to link my xbox and pc together to get the dashboard and bios i need onto my xbox?

#18 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (counter terrorist dan @ Jul 17 2004, 04:31 AM)
soo... not to get banned or whatever, but how is evo-x illegal? i've seen posts about where to download it before.

Evo-X is illegal because it is built with the XDK. Therefore, it is illegal. Also, those idiots that post where to download Evo-X usually end up getting banned... laugh.gif

#19 [insertnamehere]

[insertnamehere]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:58 PM

ummm... because nobody said it can you use Evo-X AND go on XBL?

#20 Charbs

Charbs

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:31 PM

if anyone can help me out with gettin hooked up with a dashboard and bios for the xecuter 2.3b Lite plus it would be greatly appreciated, im new and kinda have an idea of how to do this but if someone who has allot of experience could help me out it would be cool...please add me to your msn and share your knowledge

MSN - charbs20@hotmail.com

#21 ekim512

ekim512

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:01 PM

i recently bought the x-chip. i installed it in the xbox. the only thing is i do not have any BIOS. Evolution X sounds like the way to go. im completely new at this and have no clue what a BIOS even is, but i know its important, and the chip wont work without one. I dont want anyone to be banned so if you can help please email me. Ekim512@yahoo.com !thank you!

#22 hibberdw64

hibberdw64

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:48 PM

I just had recently bought a Xenium Ice Chip. I installed it all correctly and my xbox now boots w/ the Xenium OS 2 (which is preflashed). I am now trying to intall Evolution X. I followed all of the directions for making the iso and burning it to cd-rw. When I insert the cd-rw into the xbox, i can hear the dvd drive trying to load the disk, but instead of Evox coming up, the Xenium OS comes up...I've tried turning the xbox off and on at least 35 times, and the evox refuses to boot...someone please help...thank you...Winston

#23 mctrials23

mctrials23

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:32 AM

someone correct me if im wrong but you want to have quick start on in the xenium menu and the other problem may be that your dvd drive cant recognise the media evox is on

hope this helps

#24 X3rules

X3rules

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (mattb @ Jan 7 2003, 01:17 AM)
How to auto-launch MS Xbox DVD player from Evo-X (v0.1) laugh.gif Don't forget Evolution X is a gateway into the world of software for Xbox. Without it, the person has no base to excel. Such examples include the ability to establish programs like boXplorer and xboxcopy. For extreme newbies trying to visualize this, look at it this way, the Evolution X program acts as the My Computer screen in Windows. Without this program, everything you know about other programs is null and void until you understand how to use this program and setup the ".ini" notepads. Remeber I'm just describing the purpose for these newbies friendly tutorials
1.Basic education here: Evolution X FAQ
2.Setup Guide:Evolution X setup!
3.Unless you have a DVD burner or don't want to go thru downsapling, you will go out and buy a harddrive like me or lose, so click here!If you want to make your own backups
4. If you still want to use your old MS dashboard!Link to MS dashboard guide!
5. If you bought the DVD player dongle for 40$ click hereHow to auto-launch MS Xbox DVD player from Evo-X (v0.1)
6. If you have a PC DVD drive and don't want to mess around with choosing the right brand of media, click hereHow to add a PC DVD to boot CD-R! Remeber this will probably be a temporary setup if you have a 80 gig HDD or up! This will only be used to boot the Evolution X for the first time if you are planning on launching games or Apps from your harddrive.
7. xISO creation is covered completly herexISO creation I recommend ISO maker for xISO creation, because it uses GDFI by MS. I recommend Blind Write for burning the ISO's, but beware, because it isn't covered in these forums.

"Evolution X program acts as the My Computer screen in Windows" FINALLY I can visualize how it works. Thank You. (I can read shit all day about whatever, but until I get a visual I can't comprehend a frickn' thing)

#25 acidred

acidred

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:36 AM

I believe the reason is that this software is made using XDK, which is MS software and is licensed to them only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users