• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 redeye^

redeye^

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 10:59 PM

Right, I know everyones gonna be angry at me for my level of noobyness, but Im having a problem.

First off, I dont know which chip I have exactly, as somebody else chipped my box, although I do know that its an xecuter2 (version unknown).

I dont know if anyone can help me since I don't know which chip I have, but here goes.

Basically when I load up my xbox, it says xecuter2 instead of MS under the xbox logo, but it then boots into the msdash. I assume because of this, my xbox wont play DVDs, CD-R's etc.

I have read elsewhere that pressing the eject/power buttons turns the chip on/off on the newer xecuters, but that doesnt seem to make any difference.

My basic query is, Am I doing something wrong, or is it as simple as the newer dashboard not being installed? If so can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere that can tell me how to install a new dashboard?

#2 SmokeyLP

SmokeyLP

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 11:02 PM

if you don't have another dashboard on your hard drive it will load the msdash. I recomend using slayers autoinstaller for your needs.

#3 brainstane

brainstane

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:00 AM

If it was working before and suddenly stopped, and you're still seeing the executer logo at boot, you probably went on xbox live and did an update, hosing your dash. If this is the case, you're going to either have to create an EVO-X boot disc, use that to boot and then re-install the evo-x dashbaord via FTP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users