• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Randall21

Randall21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:37 PM

Hello Everyone, i was wondering if I could get some input on my X2.2 Pro installation problems. I installed the chip using the wires method, which I have done before. The XBOX is an older version 1.0 with Thompson drive.

Here is my problem. I installed the x2.2 pro chip and I get FRAG. I take the chip out and swap in my X2.2 pro chip from my xbox using all the same wires and the box boots up fine, both enabled and disabled. I put the problem chip back into the new xbox and I can only get it to boot disabled. It still frags when enabled on all banks. I try the problem chip in my own xbox (which works fine) and it Frags. I just sent the chip back once to get it tested and they said the chip was fine and they installed a legal bios in all 4 banks.

How come I can't get this chip to boot any any boxes and they can? Can someone help me out on what I am doing wrong or if I am overlooking something. This is very frustrating. Are there more links to obsurce FRAG solutions out there. In installation usually takes me about 30 minutes. This one is killing me and my friend really wants his xbox.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 Randall21

Randall21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:45 PM

I forgot to add that I am using all of the standard cables.

Is there anyway that the BIOS could be erased during shipping. Thanks,
Paul

#3 chinmi

chinmi

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:09 PM

maybe it was filled with a bad flash...
you can always try to programm it via the pc...

#4 Randall21

Randall21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:35 PM

The person I bought the chip from said the chip was good and Flashed with good bios. He also said that he tested it and it worked fine in his shop.

#5 Randall21

Randall21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 11:07 PM

please help, is there anychance there may be a problem with the wire harness connector and that I should try the pin header install.

Thanks

#6 Randall21

Randall21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 12:15 PM

No anyone. Any thoughts on the difference between the wire install and the pin header install. It seems that the chip works with the pin header but not with wire harness. And the wire harness works with other chips.

#7 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Videogames
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2003 - 01:38 PM

just install it using the pin method then...........

EDIT: this might just be an xbox compatibility problem that no one ever knew about for sum reason....... who knows?? just use the pin method if it works

Edited by manobano, 28 August 2003 - 01:42 PM.

#8 brad

brad

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 05:56 PM

or try a different wire harness, maybe a wire is bad

#9 Randall21

Randall21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 06:00 PM

Other chips work using the same wire harness. i was just swondering if it is only a matter of time before the whole chip fails?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users