148 replies to this topic

#136 sylver77

sylver77

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (aTraxion @ May 24 2004, 01:29 PM)
Yo,

I patched my xboxdash.xbe what u peeps after that it give on how much it has been patched that was 121 bytes written. So i ftped to my c where the old .xbe was so i turned my xbox of and on and tried but the remote still doesn't work. How do i know what kinda .xbe number(version) I got. I have a crystal xbox modded with smartXX,

Help pls..

hi,
my patch can't repair remote, i'm sorry laugh.gif
If your remote does not work, it should be because of a hardware problem, my patch have nothing to do with the remote sorry unsure.gif

#137 sylver77

sylver77

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (joop @ Jun 4 2004, 05:25 PM)
I feel very stupid... sad.gif Please don't flame me on this!
I found the bootable disk for this dvd region hack and tried it without reading this forum... I had a softmod in my xbox.
So, games still run, dvd's & audio cd's won't run and return with errocode 13.
I still can run the audiohack through booting MechAssault and select the 'Run Linux' savegame. At that time I have evolutionX.
Any ideas?
Should I use Telnet or ftp?
Should I buy a modchip?

A copy of the email i sent you :

Hehe at last you managed to run evox wink.gif
Download this :
http://dwl.xbox-scen...Patch_v1.04.zip
In the zip, there is a dvd region free patch remover, just apply it to your xboxdash.xbe, and then replace you'll get an unpatched .xbe (don't use the created .xbe.bak). Then, i guess you'll know what to do it wink.gif
Just a hint : you can keep the patched .xbe and put it on e:\ or f:\, then when all will be repaired, from evox, you can run the .xbe from e:\ or f:\ and you'll be able to watch any dvd zone wink.gif

Please note that i'm not the author of the bootable patcher CD, i just have done the patcher from windows (the one i gave you the link wink.gif

Have fun wink.gif

Sylver

#138 l u n t

l u n t

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:26 AM

I am having trouble patching my brand new xboxdash.xbe.

5659.03 rev. 17f14d00
bios = 5713

It appeared to patch successfully, writing 121 bytes, but now when I start up my xbox I get error13.

I put the good xboxdash.xbe back in. ThenI tried renaming the patched file to dvdplayer.xbe and running it from XBMC and it seemed to work... until I had to swap disks (LOTR extended edition). The xbox drops back to the original dash, so that when I put the next disk in, it gives me a region error.

sylver77, I have emailed my xboxdash file. I hope you can trouble shoot that one for me.

Edited by l u n t, 11 June 2004 - 12:21 PM.

#139 l u n t

l u n t

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:31 PM

I think I may have found the problem.

stupid 5713 kernel.

Edited by l u n t, 11 June 2004 - 01:45 PM.

#140 Graymalkin

Graymalkin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:52 AM

Got the 1.04 patch to work on my 4981 Dashboard.
Thanks so much sylver ! biggrin.gif

- Graymalkin

#141 s3rgin

s3rgin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:08 AM

Please, someone help me!

I'm also having problems patching my dashboard.

The Sistem Info on my xbox (model 1.5) says K: 1.00.5101.01 and D: 1.00.4920.01 and I know that the patch 1.04 should have work with this dash. version, but when I patch it I get error code 13.

It says that it has patched sucessfully - 102 bytes written, but not working at all.

I'm using Evox ver. 3921 and I know that my mod chip is an Aladdin Advance but unfortunately I don't know what version it is and what bios version it has, since Evox does not show, only says "unknown" bios.

I have tried the DVD patch from version 1.0 trough 1.04 none of them seems to work.

If you guys need me to send my dashboard file just let me know.

Thanks a LOT!

#142 magu

magu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:37 AM

Here is the problem:

I'vbeen looking all over the net to find answers about my Bios.

Until now, here's what I've found out:

I have a Version 1.0 XBOX bought around June 2002 near Boston, MA, which I brought over to Brazil, where I live now. I sent it to Sao Paulo to get a modchip installed, and since then I've been using Evolution X dashboard together with DVDX2 for DVDs, since the original dashboard is Region 1 and DVDs here are Region 4.

Out of curiosity, this afternoon I popped open my XBOX to see what the modchip was, and found out that they didn't put one in!!! All they did was to install Evolution X dashboard onto the HD, together with some progs like dvd2xbox and so on.

I know already I have:

K: 1.00.4979.06 (X2BM reports as 4979.06 REPACK)
D: 1.00.4627.01

Now for the questions:

1) Is it possible for me to flash my bios to an EvoX M8 without the modchip? If so, how? If not, which modchip should I get? (I'm considering Xecuter3)

2) Is it possible to install a newer MS dashboard on top of my existing one (upgrade)? Or am I stuck with the 4627 dashboard forever? If possible, where do I find the most recent one? I've been looking on the P2P networks and nothing came up yet.

Hope you guys can help me. And if anyone needs, my original dashboard is not patched.

Best regards,
magu

#143 spacemaster

spacemaster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:13 AM

I just got my PAL box softmoded.

I want to make it Region free and progressive scan.

Which one should I work on first ?

#144 The.Invisible.Guy

The.Invisible.Guy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:31 PM

When it will be released a version of DVD Region Patch compatible with the new MS Dashboard version?

Reggards,
TiGuy

#145 The.Invisible.Guy

The.Invisible.Guy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:07 AM

I sent an email to sylver and he told me to send my dashboard xbe file for he modify the file for RPC1 wink.gif

Maybe if we put our dashboard xbe here, he could create a new DVD Region Patch wink.gif

#146 magu

magu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:51 PM

Patching anyone? Where's Sylver? biggrin.gif

My Original Dashboard

#147 Red2kic

Red2kic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:29 AM

This topic was released almost 2 years ago.. Do this still work for dashboard now? such as 1.6 and sorta? Just want to know, in case, playin' it safe. wink.gif

#148 hangler

hangler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:27 AM

Sylver77: You're THE MAN !!!

Thank You Very Much. biggrin.gif
The patch work like a charm...

beerchug.gif Cheers! beerchug.gif

#149 keifling

keifling

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

anyone know how i might patch a 5960 185EAD00 m$ dash to be region free?
this disc doesn't work with this version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users