19 replies to this topic

#1 lilpee

lilpee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 02:14 PM

So yeah I wanted to do a multibios switch between evoxd6+evoxd6+original+original... so i installed a switch to ground, a19, and vcc. i loaded up evox, and flashed half the bios with a 512k image of the original.. flashed, said xbox will shut off now blah blah... now regardless of where the switch is, the flubber animation plays, den the LED flashes red and it goes to an XBOX needs repair service with no error code... wats goin on? and how can i fix this.

#2 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 August 2003 - 04:30 PM

I reckon you need to check your IDE, hard-drive power and weird-little-yellow cables.
Are you using a widescreen TV? I've known my Panasonic TX-36PF10 to automatically adjust the screen size, this may make any service code disappear off the top.

Edited by Exobex, 28 August 2003 - 04:32 PM.

#3 lilpee

lilpee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 05:02 PM

it has nothing to do with my tv set up... the screen is perfectly formatted to fit my tv.

#4 00XeRo

00XeRo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:10 AM

what error is it? number wise

if you look in the misc tutorials section, theres a tut that tell syou error meanings

#5 PiP

PiP

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 05:21 AM

You have to flash your TSOP using a 1 meg image, regardless of which bank you flash. The TSOP size is 1 meg, so you have to use 1 meg bios. Thats what the problem is. Even if you try to flash the 4 banks of the TSOP with 256 kb images, you need to use 1 meg images for each bank, otherwise it won't work because the TSOP is 1 meg. The other banks won't get flashed though when u select another bank.

#6 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 August 2003 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (PiP @ Aug 29 2003, 06:21 AM)
You have to flash your TSOP using a 1 meg image, regardless of which bank you flash. The TSOP size is 1 meg, so you have to use 1 meg bios. Thats what the problem is. Even if you try to flash the 4 banks of the TSOP with 256 kb images, you need to use 1 meg images for each bank, otherwise it won't work because the TSOP is 1 meg. The other banks won't get flashed though when u select another bank.

Bullshit! If you want to flash your 1Mb TSOP with four different BIOS's, you have to solder in the appropriate wires, boot with modchip etc, disable the modchip, flash bank 1, restart with mod, flash bank 2 and so on with 256Kb bioses. If you try to use a 1mb bios, Evox will tell you that the rom is too big..

Think of it as 4 separate parts in 1.

#7 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:23 PM

I always flash 1M chips with 4 256K images. It always works.

An alternative in this case would be to take your assembled D6+D6+original+original BIOS and flash the TSOP with A18 and/or A19 disconnected from the switch. I'll then FRAG until you reconnect the switch wires, which will then force the Xbox to only use one half or one quarter of the TSOP, depending on whether you've got one or two switches.

#8 lilpee

lilpee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:29 PM

i dont think u understand... i think i didnt make a good contact with the a19 point... I flashed the bios with a 512k original bios... so if i didnt make a good contact, all I have is a 512k bios on the tsop! but i took the switch out, and it still boots to the error screen (no number)

#9 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:34 PM

Have you checked your cables yet?

#10 Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (lilpee @ Aug 29 2003, 12:29 PM)
i dont think u understand... i think i didnt make a good contact with the a19 point... I flashed the bios with a 512k original bios... so if i didnt make a good contact, all I have is a 512k bios on the tsop! but i took the switch out, and it still boots to the error screen (no number)

well if you took the switch out, it's definitely not going to boot now. you should reinstall the switch, make sure your connection to A19 is solid (lightly try using the wire to pick the mobo up...if it stays, it's a good connection). If this isn't in place properly, it will try to read the first 256K and the last 256K to verify...if you happened to flash the whole thing with a 512K, it would be comparing your first bios bank to blank fourth, since it erases everything first.

soo, if you install your switch properly, you might be able to boot from the half that has your bios in place, cuz then it will read 256K and verify with next 256K. still no luck, try installing the 2-switch setup, and maybe you can get booted out of one of the 256K chunks that has mod bios. Failing all that, time to get yourself a 29-wire modchip.

and if you do manage to boot, you can boot from mod bios, switch to blanked side and flash with retail.

good luck! beerchug.gif

*edit* wait, you were flashing with original? why were you doing that? are you sure your original is original? retail BIOSes are not interchangeable, your xbox will only support the retail BIOS it came with. If you happened to use 4034 and your kernel is 3944, you'll not get booted. anyway, same thing applies to what I'm saying, you take switch out, and there'll only be 512K BIOS, and it will try to verify with first chunk and last chunk, which will give you error. you must install your switch properly to get to the half you flashed. and that not working the double switch may still help.

*end edit*

Edited by Noilegnave Siseneg Noen, 29 August 2003 - 08:32 PM.

#11 A.Z.BESTŪ

A.Z.BESTŪ

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:46 PM

LOL guys wink.gif.

Did you think about *.xbe boot files? Are they correct? Maybe he gets error 13 or sth. First we need to know what error number shows up. It's not about the bios or soldering if console boots up and displays error. The console would frag if soldering job is bad.

So; what error does it display?

#12 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 August 2003 - 11:10 PM

uuhhh first did you have your xbox modded first?

if so.. did you RELOCK THE HARD DRIVE?? for the original bios?

if it is not locked.. and trying to boot to original (obviously is if it is giving you an error like that..)

so if it is not locked... what is the original xboxdash.xbe file??? is it original? or a renamed evoxdash?

this is fixable if you are able to boot.
just need to know more info.

#13 lilpee

lilpee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 04:08 AM

oh sh!t now that I think about it, i DIDNT re-lock my drive!! how can I lock it now that all I probably can access is the original bios???

#14 lilpee

lilpee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 04:15 AM

and it doesnt show an error message at the corner like it usually does..

#15 Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 09:05 AM

um, cheapmod? that'd do the trick...maybe other ways too, but I don't know'em.

@A.Z.Best, you're too right man. overanalyzed the crap right out of this one. rolleyes.gif

@majik655, good call. it's all about those little overlooked details, locked hdd should have been one of the first things asked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users