Photo

How Much Would Bush Have To Pay You To Get You To

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would Bush Have to Pay you to get you to vote for him

How much would Bush Have to Pay you to get you to vote for him

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 cainedna

cainedna

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 September 2003 - 03:55 PM

Talk about a straying topic.
I'm kinda curious tho, for the Bush supporters. What has he actually acomplished, in your views? He's had a decent run of his office so far. Aside from blowing the previous record of vacation time for the office away, and somehow managing to squeeze a little more hate for the US for the world, what has he done?
Oh man, I hope someone brings up Afghanistan. rolleyes.gif

#77 drahz

drahz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:41 PM

he is buying votes with his tax cut, you know!

not only that but I herd that the more money that is in cerculation the LESS VALUE the doller has.

If that's true wouldn't giving out a tax cut make the economy worse?

I'm just a high school drop out what do I know!

LEGALIZE IT,
drahz

#78 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (ivans_dc @ Aug 28 2003, 10:42 PM)
i mean honestly, if he came a nocking at your door begginf for your vote... jester.gif i would pay him to see him going door to door

until the Democrats get someone worthy electing none of the current candidates (there all a joke) bush can have my free vote. a better question is. how much would you have to get paid to live in canada

#79 cainedna

cainedna

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:51 PM

not only that but I herd that the more money that is in cerculation the LESS VALUE the doller has.

Mmm.... not really. The goal was that by having more money in our pockets, it would stimulate the economy. While most of the money went to the upper crust, it was thought that that wealth would disperse through employers paying their employees more, rather than the money being "wasted" on social programs. In reality, more and more employers laid off their workers instead, giving them nowhere to go, and little security outside of employment. After the tax cut and interest rate improvements, the employment rate is still plumetting. The fact is, we're either going to have a lot of people die of poverty, crime is going to skyrocket, and it'll be impossible for the lower class to have any upward mobility, with no hope of higher education.
Meh. Just my observation.

#80 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (smokeingit @ Sep 8 2003, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (ivans_dc @ Aug 28 2003, 10:42 PM)
i mean honestly, if he came a nocking at your door begginf for your vote...  jester.gif i would pay him to see him going door to door

until the Democrats get someone worthy electing none of the current candidates (there all a joke) bush can have my free vote. a better question is. how much would you have to get paid to live in canada

I agree, though bush did a pretty shitty job in his presidential run (another 87 billion dollar request came in yesterday ph34r.gif ) he's a lot better than any of the democrat candidates i've seen.

#81 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (drahz @ Sep 8 2003, 03:41 PM)

You've got several related but not cause-and-effect things mixed up there. On the one hand, if the government prints more money without a corresponding growth in that country's economic base, you get inflation (to oversimplify radically), in which literally money is worth less. Now, a weaker currency can actually be good or bad, depending on the country's particular situation (if you're a net exporter, for instance, weaker home currency gives you an advantage), but to generalize broadly it is not necessarily better or worse so long as it happens in moderation.
Now, there's a lot of controversy around tax cuts. Some argue that allowing people to decide what to do with their own money is a more effective way to stimulate the economy, some think the government should take even more of the money and redistribute it in ways it thinks are best for the country. But that is irrelevant to your question; a tax cut does increase the amount of private funds, but not the overall money supply. So it cannot be a direct cause of money devaluation.

As for "buying" votes, that's what all politicians in a democracy do with their actions. Don't think it makes Bush special in that regard.

As for why I will continue to support Bush, it is because those that would replace him are incompatible with my core beliefs. Bush doesn't do a whole lot to defend them, either, but he is not actively trying to destroy them. For every glimmer of hope like Dean's support for gun rights, there are a thousand dumbass catastrophes waiting in the wings. I'm not going to try to vote in something worse just to spite the mediocre one that came before.

#82 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:30 AM

I would not accept any amount of money to vote for a bloody bullshitting arsehole war monger like bush,Bush said that iraq had nukes and he was bullshitting as he does and got americia into a war,I love The USA but i draw the line with bullshitting leaders like bush and now he will put all yanks at risk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users