darkside1980

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 01:14 AM

Hi'
I just have a few questions.
1. How do I edit my evo iso because I don't have no evo ini in my file when I download and extract the zip all I get is the iso evolutionxv1_8_458_iso and menu.
2. How do I connect my pc to my xbox with linksys network adpater
what I do is connect a ethernet cable from the xbox to the linksys and a usb cable from the linksys to my pc all I get is no link it's like everything is dead what do I type in the ip and subnet and what do I type in the static ip and gateway.
3. When I get question 1 and 2 solve how do I connect with flashfxp.
I have a matrix chip with Xecuter2.Build.4977 bios is that good
I really need help .

Edited by darkside1980, 30 August 2003 - 03:55 AM.

#2 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 August 2003 - 01:42 PM

Most of these questions are unrelated to DVD creation. I'll do what I can to answer them, then move this to an appropriate forum...

1) You'll need to get an ini from someone. It must be using defaults. People have posted the entire contents of their ini file here before. Just find one of those messages, copy and past the contents into a text file. If you do this on an OS other than Windows, make sure you get DOS line endings in your file. If you are using Windows, that shouldn't be an issue.

2) Well, I'm sorry you got a USB based router. If you have access to an all ethernet setup with a network card in your PC you'll be a lot happier. There are a million things that could be wrong with your current USB setup and I can't go through them all. I'll be honest, I only know 2 people who bought USB based routers, and both of them returned them after never getting them to work. Assuming you have the drivers, etc. installed properly, you're either going to need to run a DHCP server off your router, or modify your ini file (once you get one) to have a fixed IP and gateway address that are compatible with your computer's settings. What are your computer's settings? Is it DHCP? Is it getting an IP assigned? This is going to be the hardest thing for you to get going on your setup. You'll also need to know the IP that was assigned the XBOX via DHCP which the tutorials tell you how to find that out.

3) It's easy. Just put the IP address of the XBOX in and login with username/password XBOX/XBOX.

#3 itsame

itsame

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 August 2003 - 06:27 PM

1. How do I edit my evo iso because I don't have no evo ini in my file when I download and extract the zip all I get is the iso evolutionxv1_8_458_iso and menu.

You can use a program called iso buster to extract the files from an iso. I don't remember where I got it but I know it was free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users