#1 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 August 2003 - 03:48 AM

This is one cool 2D sword fighting game IMO. Not to mention it can get kinda hard at times (maybe cause of the Xbox controller sucking at arcade fighters.)

If it wasn't for Kawa-X with it's black magic, I would have never known about this game aside from a screenshot on a certain website.

#2 rspektor

rspektor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 04:06 AM

no speed orgy in last blade 2...how dare they take out that phrase

#3 Lightsier

Lightsier

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 07:05 AM

I imported it when it came out for DC (you think i'm going to pay $300 for a NeoGeo game?) and it was cool! It got butchered by Agetec when it hit America. They took out all the blood and the decapitations. BOO! It also loaded slower. Same for Garou when it hit US for Dreamcast, Agetec fucked that up too.

Both games look WAY better with the emulator though with the smoothing of the sprites. Plus, you don't hear the annoying loading of the CD-ROM. It's sweet.

#4 Keito-Kun

Keito-Kun

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:日本
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 August 2003 - 08:13 AM

I tried it with MAME32.
It's pretty cool...

#5 -x-

-x-

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Lightsier @ Aug 30 2003, 09:05 AM)
I imported it when it came out for DC (you think i'm going to pay $300 for a NeoGeo game?) and it was cool! It got butchered by Agetec when it hit America. They took out all the blood and the decapitations. BOO! It also loaded slower. Same for Garou when it hit US for Dreamcast, Agetec fucked that up too.

Both games look WAY better with the emulator though with the smoothing of the sprites. Plus, you don't hear the annoying loading of the CD-ROM. It's sweet.

You can buy it for $150-175 not $300 on the homecart an arounf $30 on MVS. There is also a $7 Dreamcast port.

#6 anti-pop

anti-pop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 10:31 AM

Anyone Play The Last Blade 2

I do.... A LOT smile.gif

You can buy it for $150-175 not $300 on the homecart an arounf $30 on MVS. There is also a $7 Dreamcast port.

Another question, even if this is a bit OT. Since i'm not very familiar with the neo-geo "scene", can anyone explain to me why there is such a price gap between AES and MVS games ?

MVS are played using a supergun right ?

#7 mr jones

mr jones

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 03:21 PM

flattspott - glad to see that someone took an interest in a great fighting game. I'd probably like it more, if it wasn't for the fact that Shadowland destroyed me in it so bad, that I have no interest in ever going back to it again. dry.gif

-x- - You must be mistaking Last Blade 1 for Last Blade 2. Last Blade 2 still is over $300 dollars. I'd know - I'm one of the schmucks that bought one. smile.gif Lightsier already mentioned the Dreamcast port.

anti-pop - Spike or Shadowland would probably be able to answer this question better than I can. I'll say that the AES homecart games are more expensive, because they have a smaller production run than the MVS versions, and they hold more geek value. They have the big plastic cases, inserts, instructions and stuff, and training modes for the newer fighting games. Plus, you need to either have an arcade machine, or some sort of powered JAMMA-compatible TV adapter (like the supergun) to be able to play MVS games.

#8 -x-

-x-

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 04:54 PM

Trust me you should pay no more then 200 bucks for a Last Blade 2. How do I know? I have a pretty decent Neo Geo collection and it includes this game. Mr. Jones is your US or Japanese? It makes a feel hundred dollar difference depending on the region. US and Euro being more expensive then Japanese.

I am assuming yours is US since you paid $300 for it. Of course prices could have risen a lot since I got mine two years ago from Nikke at Kaiten Games before !Arcade took over there stock.

Edited by -x-, 30 August 2003 - 05:03 PM.

#9 mr jones

mr jones

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 05:06 PM

-x- believe me, the price of the game went up within 2 years, bro. You could've gotten a homecart version of Mark of the Wolves for $250 two years ago.

Try doing that now. smile.gif

#10 -x-

-x-

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 05:09 PM

There is one on Ebay right now for $225 at the BIN price which is always a little more . Last Blade 2 that is.

Edited by -x-, 30 August 2003 - 05:10 PM.

#11 Lightsier

Lightsier

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 02:08 AM

Well, I got the DC import version when it was first released over in Japan by Playmore because I didn't think it would come over to the states. I paid a total of $75 from the game with shipping from therage.com and I LOVED the game. In fact I still do love the game, the game is so deep! Now, back during then the game was most certainly $300 for the NeoGeo. Like hell I'll pay that much for a game. The Dreamcast version was a far more an acceptable price.

Of course now a days I play it on my Xbox which the emulator has better sound quality, loads faster, save states, and smoother sprites then the origional version. Grrr. Emulation is like a trap. It hooks you in with enhancements. .

#12 Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 11:26 AM

X, I think you know as well as I that finding Last Blade 2 for anything less than 200 is impossible. Sure, it can be done, but it's NOT going to be mint.

LB1, however, you can get as low as.... oh, $120 if you're lucky~

Spike

#13 -x-

-x-

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 12:08 PM

I wish Nikke still sold Homecarts. !Arcade riuned the best Neo-Geo game sellers we had. I would buy a game from him once a week when I firsts got into the Neo.

Goodtimes.

#14 Beelzebud

Beelzebud

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 03:45 PM

Thank god for Kawa-X. I don't have 300 dollars to spend on any 1 game.

I know Neo Geo games are very cool. But why must they be that much money? I never understood why.

#15 cainedna

cainedna

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 31 August 2003 - 04:45 PM

Hence why the Neo-Geo waevers between keeping it's head above water and dying outright, while Capcom can make a new fighter, reusing sprites they put together in the early 1990's, and it's no biggie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users