X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 September 2003 - 05:05 PM

FMSXBOX MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ Emulator port for XBox v4

http://xport.xbox-scene.com

What's New:

- Added NTSC/PAL switch to game configuration (fixes speed issues with some games)

- Fixed MSX emu core to support 2-player games correctly.

#2 plasma1974

plasma1974

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 07:15 PM

Ow thank you XPORT!! beerchug.gif Gonna give this puppy a try biggrin.gif Hope speed issues are finally fixed..

#3 tales

tales

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 07:35 PM

Awesome XPORT! You are the man! beerchug.gif

#4 althena

althena

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Videogames (from the good old 8Bit-Times up to now), Mangas, Animes, Cinema, meeting friends, sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:52 AM

Wow, that was fast, Thank You very much XPORT beerchug.gif
Pal-Games are now working much better. smile.gif

I noticed something what maybe two very minor bugs.
-Is it possible that the graphics and the Sound are not balanced perfectly?? You can check it very good right after you start Metal Gear 1. If I start the game on my real MSX you hear the openig-fanfare and after this you see Snake contacting Big Boss via radio. If I start the game on the XBox the fanfare is interupted with the sequenze where Snake contacts Big Boss. It seems to me, that the graphics are running faster than the sound and I noticed this in some other games too.
-In some games (for example Ys 3 and Metal Gear 2) I noticed that about every minute the sound scratches for a few seconds.

I checked different roms (Pal/NTSC, English/Japanese) and video settings to try fixing this myself but up to now I was unable too.

Of course it would be great if this could be fixed someday with an update, but this are really minor problems and I am still very bussy playing MSX-Games anyway pop.gif

So thank you very much for another great Emu and allready one of my favourites love.gif

#5 mr jones

mr jones

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:58 AM

Althena - that's cool that you're pointing out a possible bug, but you'll probably want to post it over at his website - he's a bit more receptive there.

#6 althena

althena

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Videogames (from the good old 8Bit-Times up to now), Mangas, Animes, Cinema, meeting friends, sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 September 2003 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (mr jones @ Sep 2 2003, 04:58 AM)
Althena - that's cool that you're pointing out a possible bug, but you'll probably want to post it over at his website - he's a bit more receptive there.

I know the website, it is just because he answered in the thread about the fmsxbox_v3 very fast and I am not really sure if this is a bug or I am doing something wrong.
But perhaps I will post it over his website too, I just do not want to get on other peoples nerves too much wink.gif

#7 Daves

Daves

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (XPort @ Sep 1 2003, 07:05 PM)
FMSXBOX MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ Emulator port for XBox v4

http://xport.xbox-scene.com

What's New:

- Added NTSC/PAL switch to game configuration (fixes speed issues with some games)

- Fixed MSX emu core to support 2-player games correctly.

This Emulator includes the following problem.

1.When the file name of a cart is a multi-period, a Screenshot does not work well.
(A Screenshot folder is generated at a place of period of beginning)

2.It does not correspond to two or more disk and two or more carts.
(At the fmsxbox v2, it corresponded by marking of filename.)

#8 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 September 2003 - 11:47 AM

Multi-disk games *are* supported. Select "Load new disk image" from options menu while playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users