4 replies to this topic

#1 race7

race7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 01:53 AM

Just like closing the refrigerator door. The light goes off.....Open the door and the light turns on mad.gif
I soldered the switch to my Executer 2 lite chip and when I have the cover open on the xbox it works perfectly. I renamed my M$ and evox dashes so it finds both with no problem.
What's annoying me is when I slip the cover back on the box the chip is enabled again even though I switch it off. I have tested and checked all wires to make sure nothing is shorting across to enable the chip. I have spent all day working on this uhh.gif
If I lift the cover up I can disable the chip via the switch and go right to the M$ dash. NO there are no wires touching any metal. I even removed the tin from the inside of the cover thinking that might be it. There's probably no fix for this sad.gif

#2 frothlord

frothlord

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 02:49 AM

I had this happen to me. What caused it for me was the dvd rom holder squashing a part of the mod chip. When I put the cover on it applied pressure and made it not work. I ended up just using a dremmel on the plastic holder so there was room for it to 'breathe'. Anyways, not sure if you're having the same problem, but I hope this helps.

#3 race7

race7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 03:12 AM

Thanks rolleyes.gif It's gotta be something stupid like this. I mean, I've checked everything. Put electrical tape over any wires that could possibly touch and still nothing. Close the lid with the chip switched off and it goes right to the Xecuter2 dash. Lift the lid slightly and M$ dash comes up dry.gif dry.gif blink.gif

#4 link50

link50

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (frothlord @ Sep 2 2003, 04:49 AM)
I had this happen to me. What caused it for me was the dvd rom holder squashing a part of the mod chip. When I put the cover on it applied pressure and made it not work. I ended up just using a dremmel on the plastic holder so there was room for it to 'breathe'. Anyways, not sure if you're having the same problem, but I hope this helps.

Yes, I had the same problem, but mine was giving me random frags instead of not booting ms dash. I stuck the chip too high on the inside of the box and the pin header connecter was smashing against the DVD drive, so I just took it off and put it down lower and everything worked fine.

#5 race7

race7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 04:15 AM

beerchug.gif You are the MOD GOD! Took all day to figure it out. Tried everything and finally moved the chip down closer to the MB. Vwala. Thanks a bunch! biggrin.gif It works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users