#1 upup

upup

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 September 2003 - 08:47 PM

ok i have a modded xbox with an x2 pro and a 120 gig hd. i modded it and has been modded for like 5 months. with no problems at all. then today i cut the xbox on and start to play a game, after 1 min it goes black. but the power on the xbox is still on. well i cut it off and then back on and just let it sit at evox dash for a min and it does the same thing, black screen. so i took my mod chip out and every thing and cut it on and i get msdash board. i let it sit there for a min and same thing, back screen. what could be the problem?? is my graphics card over heating? because when its on i touch the nvidia chip and it is extremely hot. so if it is the graphics chip is there i way i could fix it?? thanks for all the help. very much appreciated.

#2 itsame

itsame

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 September 2003 - 08:51 PM

If your not sure if its the heat, do a test. Leave the box open and place a portable fan over the hot spots. See if you get a different result.

#3 upup

upup

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 09:05 PM

well it seamed to last just a tad bit loner but it still cut off. if it is the grapics chip is there a way i could maybe get it fixed without going to walmart and exchanging it. can i still exchange it if the screws in the xbox came through the stickers. (whole in stickers)

Edited by upup, 02 September 2003 - 09:07 PM.

#4 itsame

itsame

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 September 2003 - 09:13 PM

I seriously doubt that walmart or any store would take your xbox back now. I would check out the cooling fan mod tutorials before I decided to scrap the whole project.

#5 upup

upup

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 09:52 PM

what would be causing the graphics chip to be over heating when the xbox is wide open ( dvd and hd out on the side of xbox) and nothing around it to make it over heat? could i just but another mother board off of ebay? how much are they anyway?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users