4 replies to this topic

#1 SpikeMage

SpikeMage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 02:46 PM

Ok so I just used AR to install the 007/MA soft mod and I am having a few issues.
1) My MS dash is gone. When I try to load it it goes to the "black screen of death"

2) In Evox if I try to load a retail game from the DVD it goes to "black screen of death." But if I restart my box with the game or DVD in the drive it loads. Is there some way to fix this or am I just going to have to live with it?

3) For the life of me I can't get EvoX skins to work. I read here how to do it and followed it step by step but it still won't work. I put the Skins in a folder I made on C called Skins. Each skin is in it's own folder in the skins folder. After I FTP them over I restart the box. But when I go to the skin menu nothing is there other than the "original." Is there some setting I have to change or what?

4) The load light always flashes red. This isn't a problem really but is it supposed to do this?

I know these are probably stupid newby questions. But..well...I am a stupid newby.
Thank you for any help you can offer.

Edited by SpikeMage, 03 September 2003 - 02:59 PM.

#2 x3ro

x3ro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 03:54 PM

I can help on 3)

You should put each skin in its own folder, including the images and *.ini file in that fold....the different skins should go under the ORIGINAL folder.....Its called "skin", NOT "skins"....

#3 amstrad

amstrad

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 September 2003 - 03:58 PM

umm...ftp the evox.ini file over to your pc and open it in notepad...make sure the url leading to the ms dashboard is:
c:msxboxdash.xbe

Secondly, go to "Settings" in EvoX (where you get your IP from) and scroll down to the bit where it says: "auto launch games?" and "auto launch dvd"...select yes to both of them.

Thats all I can thing of, Im new to this too...I've got my own problem if you have a look at my thread I just posted, so sorry if this is no help!

#4 SpikeMage

SpikeMage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (x3ro @ Sep 3 2003, 05:54 PM)
I can help on 3)

You should put each skin in its own folder, including the images and *.ini file in that fold....the different skins should go under the ORIGINAL folder.....Its called "skin", NOT "skins"....

I was actally just coming back to edit #3 out. biggrin.gif

It was the "Skins" that was fucking me up. But thank you very much.

#5 SpikeMage

SpikeMage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (amstrad @ Sep 3 2003, 05:58 PM)
umm...ftp the evox.ini file over to your pc and open it in notepad...make sure the url leading to the ms dashboard is:
c:msxboxdash.xbe

Secondly, go to "Settings" in EvoX (where you get your IP from) and scroll down to the bit where it says: "auto launch games?" and "auto launch dvd"...select yes to both of them.

Thats all I can thing of, Im new to this too...I've got my own problem if you have a look at my thread I just posted, so sorry if this is no help!

The dash is in the right place but it won't load up for some reason. And the auto launch stuff was on but when it loads up it goes to the black screen. But if I restart it with the game/dvd in the drive it works...

Anyone got any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users