• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE(paystey @ Mar 9 2005, 08:56 PM)
how can you tell What Modchip you Have.

View Post

open up your system, this is the only way to tell.

How can you tell if your Modchip supports the HDD swap feature

this is dependant on the bios, but odds are if your modchip is flashable, you already have a bios on it that supports hdd swaping. all xecuter bios's support it, as well as most evox bios's.

#62 Reanimation_LP

Reanimation_LP

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:12 AM

http://secure.llamma...products_id=133

Go there and buy a broken board if you want to upgrade to 128 MB of RAM. Just desolder, resolder, and your good to go.

Gotta love the Llamma. love.gif

#63 paystey

paystey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:54 AM

How do i tell once ive opened it up. is there a tutorial or anything.

#64 BEVEL

BEVEL

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:11 PM

Im sure there are alot of pics posted on this forum. Just do a search for it.
And there is probably a code or even a name on the chip itself if you open up the case.

sorry cant help any further.

#65 outlawicecube

outlawicecube

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(Cutriss @ Oct 21 2003, 12:03 PM)
Well, I'd really rather keep it domestic, for the same reasons I outlined above (US Customs, all of that nonsense).

Does anyone in the US still do RAM installations?

View Post

hey can some body help me i just erase my hard drive i got nothing on it and i mad need somebodys help please help me

#66 jlet19

jlet19

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(outlawicecube @ Jun 14 2005, 03:23 AM)
hey can some body help me i just erase my hard drive i got nothing on it and i mad  need somebodys help please help me

View Post

hey man i can help ya. i can format your drive for ya if you want me to. just pm me about the details of the problem and ill let you know wat i can do

#67 compo

compo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:18 PM

quote:// DVD-ROM

Can I just replace my Thomson/Philips/Samsung with a Thomson/Philips/Samsung from another Xbox without a modchip?
Yes you can do it without the modchip. Just unplug the old drive and put in a new one and you are ready to go!!!

* ok so you can just swap a rom from an UNmodded xbox to another but i have replaced the board in my 1.4 cause it was my first attempt at modding and well i phucked it so i got another off ebay and wow modded it and it works, prob ios it dont read discs this was the issue with the box when i got it off ebay... i tried a thompson in this box of parts from everywhere and it dont work neither , is there a trick to this

also the box dont boot in unmodded mode since chipping
alladin xt clone,
do and l1 BT points plus pin header it plays games fine off the 80 gb hdd i got from my orig green halp

I did find info tonight saying that halo green is 1.2 not 1.4 which is what i found by following versions tut off here contiunity on pin 2 and gnd??

#68 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:15 PM

Is there any working link with the tutorial to the RAM upgrade?

#69 GetOnMahLevel

GetOnMahLevel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:08 PM

anybody have an idea why im gettin error 7 when i plug in a new phillips drive to my xbox?

#70 wolvorine4424

wolvorine4424

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:29 PM

I have a xbox v1.3...

Its a dual boot... 2 HDD's in the box...

I want to know if i upgrade the memory to 128MB...
Will i still be able to use XBL with out them ditecting it(Modchip OFF, only 64MB detected)???
And then power up the modchip and use the full 128MB for other programs...

I'm thinking of getting the X3CE modchip w/ control pannel and XLCD... I currently have X-bit v1.4...
X-Disk bios (m7.67 FC) i think this is the correct name of the bios...

#71 fumanchu182

fumanchu182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:58 PM

I would just like to let everyone know the following: Using the Mechassault "Run Linux" Softmod I had the power cord unplugged for a period of 8 hours and had an error 16 appear.

The fix, leave your xbox plugged in for a period of 5-10 minutes at the error 16 screen. Reboot and watch your dash appear (I am using the M8 Bios with Evox v3935). Boot to the M$ dash and reset your time settings. Power off and then on and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps all with softmod problems.

#72 GrimDeathTaker

GrimDeathTaker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:14 AM

ok well i have looked all over this site looking for an answer to my question and from last couple of days have not found it so i will ask i do not have a modded xb but i have two of the older gens with crappy dvd drives can i replace them with another dvd rom drive like from pcs or does it have to be out of another xbox? uhh.gif

#73 compo

compo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:11 AM

I have issues with the media , reads brand new orig games and dvd's but not burnt stuff and all my stuff is burnt on shitty PRINCO...

so wasted 50 odd discs on games, and 300 on movies...
pity.

I have got 2 samsungs off ebay one newish and 1 2nd hand... i think the philips 2nd generation are ok which is what I have just DONT USE FUCKIN PRINCO>>>

#74 Dano2k0

Dano2k0

The Cooling King

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:56 PM

128MB RAM tutorials do seem to be getting a little hard come by now days..

However i do RAM upgrades, but i'm based in the UK, i have a very good price range and i am willing to do upgrades world wide, please of course do remember RAM upgrades aren't available on 1.6 boxes. If anyone is interested please do PM me. Or get me email from my website in my sig.

To the guy above, if your getting error 07 once plugging in a new DVD-ROM drive, and you don't with an old one, your DVD-ROM drive PCB is faulty. Its blocking the IDE channel so the hard drive times out giving error 07 because it can't comunicate with it. Solution: replace the DVD-ROM drive PCB or the DVD-ROM drive for a whole new one.

#75 swodie

swodie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:03 AM

My xbox will not read games, but it will read dvd movies and cd's. what do i do? I know it is not the game because my other xbox read all my games just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users