4 replies to this topic

#1 slycaper

slycaper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 04:32 AM

if i only copy over the mxm dash everything works fine. mxm create a cache_menu.xml file that works fine. however, if i then delete that cache_menu.xml file and then copy over the following menu.xml file it doesn't work:

<Menu>
<Submenu>
<Title>Games</Title>
<Item>
<AutoDir>F:Games</AutoDir>
</Item>
</Submenu>
<Submenu>
<Title>Apps</Title>
<Item>
<AutoDir>F:Apps</AutoDir>
</Item>
</Submenu>
</Menu>

....yes, i have an F:Games and an F:Apps folder. shouldn't mxm first search for a menu.xml file and if one doesn't exist then create the cache_menu.xml. or am i wrong?

thanks biggrin.gif

#2 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 September 2003 - 05:00 AM

AFAIK, the cache menu file contains ALL the menu items (all games, programs etc.) Since you are only defining submenus, and not defining all items, the cache menu file is needed.
Therefore MXM will recreate the cache menu file (after resetting menu cache from the system menu (Y button))

#3 slycaper

slycaper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 02:01 PM

so, would it be fair to assume if i create a menu.xml file with what i put above, as well as the system management stuff (i.e. reboot etc....) then a cache_menu.xml file will not be created. i'm just trying to eliminate the need for a cache_menu.xml.

also....how can i eliminate the game demo's from the list of displayed games while still using the <AutoDir> tag. is there a way?

#4 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (slycaper @ Sep 4 2003, 04:01 PM)
so, would it be fair to assume if i create a menu.xml file with what i put above, as well as the system management stuff (i.e. reboot etc....) then a cache_menu.xml file will not be created. i'm just trying to eliminate the need for a cache_menu.xml.

also....how can i eliminate the game demo's from the list of displayed games while still using the <AutoDir> tag. is there a way?

the cache menu file is needed.
Therefore MXM will recreate the cache menu file

just to repeat it.. MXM WILL create a cahce file no matter what you do.. because it uses it for the to actually display the menu...if you delete it, mxm will recreate it. period.

Hit your Y button, in the system Menu choose Configure and go through the menu option (take the time to read each one and understand it). Then reset your menu cache and reboot once more. The demos and duplicates should not be in the menu anymore. If they are, simple find the entry in the cache menu.xml and see what xbe is loading it..then go to that folder and delete it.

#5 slycaper

slycaper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 06:00 PM

supurb, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users