• 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 06:57 PM

Joshua Wood

In default.xip look

DEF myBackgroundList Group
{

children
  [
      DEF background0 Background{ skyColor 0 0 0 backdrop ImageTexture { url "grapes.xbx" }}
      DEF background1 Background{ skyColor 0 0 0 backdrop ImageTexture { url "grapes2.xbx" }}
      DEF background0 Background{ skyColor 0 0 0 backdrop ImageTexture { url "grapes3.xbx" }}
  ]
}

#62 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 09:15 PM

Cheers for the quick info, I haven't really looked into the code side of things. All I've done is found the basic info/tutorial to make my dash blue.

But this is cool news that you can have multiple backgrounds. But it also extends my question - can you have multiple other elements? Such as multiple colours schemes etc? So rather than just change backgrounds, you're effectively changing the whole dash scheme in one go....I would guess this is taking things too far, and it's not possible, but new things are always being discovered! smile.gif

#63 Dankbud

Dankbud

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Interests:Sm0k1n Dutch3s!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:51 AM

Thanx to BigGanja for SEGADASH! It KICKS ASS!!!

#64 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 October 2003 - 11:54 AM

I have multiple colour schemes, it's quite easy really.

I have three folders xboxdashdata, xboxdashdatb and xboxdashdatc.

I then point different things to different named .xbe dash files that in turn point to the relevant folder for its xips.

No reason though why you couldn't use the same xboxdashdatb folder for all your colour patches, just make the xbe files different names for each colour you've made.

Then point different dashes and get things like xbmp, evox, etc to reset to a different coloured dash like orangedash.xbe, get what I mean ?

I use different directories for each dash as I play with the xips in each dashboard. This way you can play with your xips and still have a bootable box.

Edited by PID, 12 October 2003 - 11:59 AM.

#65 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 11:18 PM

I'm not quite sure this is what I was meaning...

I have my original dash, named as per original naming, I also have bluedash.xbe which is my blue dash, and it points to xdashblue folder for all it's related blue files...

Sure, you could have as many of these as you'd like. But I'm wondering if you can make it so bluedash.xbe can swtich dynamically between different folders etc....like how u can make it swtich backgrounds...I don't want to reset and load a different hacked dash for each scheme....if you know what I mean.

#66 gnutellafan

gnutellafan

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2003 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Joshua Wood @ Oct 13 2003, 01:18 AM)
I'm not quite sure this is what I was meaning...

I have my original dash, named as per original naming, I also have bluedash.xbe which is my blue dash, and it points to xdashblue folder for all it's related blue files...

Sure, you could have as many of these as you'd like. But I'm wondering if you can make it so bluedash.xbe can swtich dynamically between different folders etc....like how u can make it swtich backgrounds...I don't want to reset and load a different hacked dash for each scheme....if you know what I mean.

Basically you want to make the dash fully skinnable. I get what you mean and this would be VERY cool

#67 DJLotus

DJLotus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:24 AM

this is so fucking sweet you guys, french ascii dude, i love the skin. i can't wait to get my chip so's i can get my box to owrk again.

#68 0s1r1s

0s1r1s

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:47 PM

wink.gif My Unofficial Paul0-XMC MSDash skin smile.gif
I tried to keep the new XBMC colors; just read the "Read Me.txt" file in order to install it.

Main menu
user posted image

Games list
user posted image

Loading screen
user posted image

>> Download here <<

P.S.: My other nickname is Paul0, that's why the skin name is Paul0-XBMC!

Edited by 0s1r1s, 13 October 2003 - 05:50 PM.

#69 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 07:51 PM

gnutellafan, it is already "skinable." I want to swtich on the fly. You can already switch backgrounds. And you can at least have 1 colour scheme (obviosuly). I'm wondering if u can switch colour schemes on the fly in a similar fashion to how you switch backgrounds?

I don't know know much about how it all works, but I don't see why not, if you have a seperate colour file, and write the code to switch to these different files.

#70 boyla001

boyla001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 11:45 PM

Anybody knows where I can get mAEs Dash? The link isn't working.

#71 mAEs

mAEs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:56 PM

You can download my dash Here

#72 alikaz

alikaz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (mAEs @ Oct 14 2003, 03:56 PM)
You can download my dash Here

that one dusent have the fire background like the one u posted here

#73 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 07:58 PM

press teh right thumbstick in

#74 Slikmastah

Slikmastah

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:21 PM

Hey, I got a question? Can you set the screen up like this with Evolution X M7?

#75 gnutellafan

gnutellafan

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 October 2003 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Joshua Wood @ Oct 13 2003, 09:51 PM)
gnutellafan, it is already "skinable." I want to swtich on the fly. You can already switch backgrounds. And you can at least have 1 colour scheme (obviosuly). I'm wondering if u can switch colour schemes on the fly in a similar fashion to how you switch backgrounds?

I don't know know much about how it all works, but I don't see why not, if you have a seperate colour file, and write the code to switch to these different files.

Yes, I know. We are saying the same thing. I lump changing colors ect.. under my def of skinable, not just changing the background image. I also would say for something to be skinable it has to be something you can do on the fly (just pressing a button or 2)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users