#16 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 September 2003 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the offer guy but without the dreamcast not working theres no point on using the browser wink.gif thanks anyways, you rock beerchug.gif

I kinda spun the screw out of anger and turned it about 7 times clockwise so im not sure how many times i would need to go back cause im sure 7 will turn out to be more like 14.......or 21......

#17 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 07:30 PM

Ok so when i first started this little project i did it by pulling the ribbon on the back of the unit out and adjusting the svrew, then pushing it back in,it was very hard to do without feeling like the ribbon was just gunna snap, this ribbon here in the 3rd pic down, its the big white one.
http://www.geocities.com/zeph340/
Now when i unplug the ribbon and try the dreamcast without it plugged in, everything works the same way as when it is plugged in, dosnt read shit, so could this mean i smoked the ribbon by bending it too much? if so can i use any ribbon of this size? if not could i solder very fine wire to and from each connection?
How do i find out if its not just the lazer being knocked out of elinmate from moving it so much? and when will the trix bunny ever get to eat a bowl of that amazing cereal???

#18 theinsomniacgamer

theinsomniacgamer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

@socrates

you know, I have the same problem. i got it to the point where it would just barely read the rw (i burned an audio CD as a test). it would start spinning fast, but would not get past the "please wait while the disc is being checked" message. I almost had it, when something shocking happened. Turns out I had forgotten to unplug the power cable, and my left hand got too close to a capacitor and it discharged. Into my hand. My reflexes are were good enough for me to pull away sharply, but my hand is still tingling as i am writing this.

#19 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

Wow dude, replying to a post that is over 7 years old. Maybe socrates will reply to your post in 7 more..... or not since he was banned in '05

Edited by StrictPuppet, 19 November 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#20 Popple

Popple

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(theinsomniacgamer @ Nov 19 2010, 02:51 AM) View Post

@socrates

My left hand got too close to a capacitor and it discharged. Into my hand. My reflexes are were good enough for me to pull away sharply, but my hand is still tingling as i am writing this.

I think you got shocked by 1.21 gigawatts and your replying in the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users