#4 ArmyofONE

ArmyofONE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 September 2003 - 12:14 PM

wrong look at the jewel and it says prototype on the bottom.

#5 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 12:33 PM

I changed my mind

Edited by No_Name, 05 September 2003 - 01:08 PM.

#6 ArmyofONE

ArmyofONE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 12:39 PM

"Their usless, we have got rid of all of those for new kits"

Depends who Uses is what do you mean new kits?

#7 C4TRMNTOR

C4TRMNTOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 September 2003 - 06:27 PM

ArmyofOne, I sent you an e-mail PLEASE read it. Also can you explain those extra ports on the top left back of the kit? Thanks.

#8 ArmyofONE

ArmyofONE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 09:00 PM

bump^

#9 ASheva10

ASheva10

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (C4TRMNTOR @ Sep 5 2003, 03:27 PM)
ArmyofOne, I sent you an e-mail PLEASE read it. Also can you explain those extra ports on the top left back of the kit? Thanks.

If I remember correctly, it has one usb port, one parallel port and one com port, on the back, correct me if I am wrong.

#10 ArmyofONE

ArmyofONE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 10:46 PM

has neither its a prototype.

#11 loai

loai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Hacking, Fooling around.

Posted 05 September 2003 - 11:41 PM

Prototype? It could just be a modified case, and a modified jewel. Do you have any proof that it is what it is. Do you have any boxes or manuals or anything like that.. And can you take a more detailed picture of what on the back.

#12 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 September 2003 - 11:49 PM

i used to have a dev. kit case, but the jewel didn't look like that, what the hell is that? i doubt it's a prototype. lets see the stickers on the bottom that say it's authentic, and the property of MS.

#13 NightL1fe

NightL1fe

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (loai @ Sep 5 2003, 08:41 PM)
Prototype? It could just be a modified case, and a modified jewel. Do you have any proof that it is what it is. Do you have any boxes or manuals or anything like that.. And can you take a more detailed picture of what on the back.

lol that person must have alot of capital to put the kind of money in just to custom make a case and jewel to sell it for $400 ... i hear the mold to make plastic cases cost over $100,000 ...

also please tell me how you can modify Black plastic and turn it clear ?

#14 GenEriq

GenEriq

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 12:33 AM

Molds can be that expensive, or more, but for a case like the XBOX I would put a guestimate of about $30,000. Of course there are several components to be molded in the XBOX and the cost of each mold would be different depending on the complexity and part layout (coring, side actions, yadda yadda yadda). For these types of parts, prototypes would typically be cnc machined. That is to say, 3D models are CAD generated and used to create tool paths for a computer numerically controlled milling machine. The parts can then be polished, sandblasted, honed, etc to give the desired finish or clarity. The only thing that looks odd to me (as someone who has worked for a prototype shop that would make parts for companies like Lucent, GE, Bose and many others) is how the top appears to be made from a clear acrylic or polycarbonate and the base looks like a black ABS or ABS polycarbonate blend (guessing here). I believe it's a prototype, and even if not the cost to buy an XBOX and CNC up a new top and different jewel would definitely be more than the $400 this guy is selling it for. It looks cool even if you look it it from the aspect of a unique mod that you can mount some funky lights in!

P.S. None of the companies that I recall doing work for ever asked us to make labels like someone in this thread asked. If we did make up graphics that were applied, they would always be as close to the final design as possible. Then again, I don't recall doing any work for M$! tongue.gif

Edited by GenEriq, 06 September 2003 - 12:37 AM.

#15 C4TRMNTOR

C4TRMNTOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 September 2003 - 01:28 AM

Ok, so it doesn't have the real ports in the back. So it an incomplete Development Kit. Ah screw that, I want a real one that has all the features, it's practically a Debug Kit (just looks different). I guess I'll just keep waiting for another one of these rare pieces to pop up, a complete one I may add.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users