• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 paulfurn

paulfurn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 04:39 PM

........the eject on reset trick found. Disc must already be inserted to install."

Now..... I know this is not the case as I have a matrix in my xbox and Px HDD loader works fine in that one so Im guessing Im doing something wrong (no shit sherlock :-)

I have searched through a number of forums to resolve this, and have followed their advice, all of which unfortunately has not worked as yet. As such, this (to post here!) is more of a last resort! So please accept my apologies if this has been posted before, though a search did not being up anything of note/of use.

Anyway, I have tried via Slayers auto installer to mod my friends xbox. It seems to be fine, except for Px HDD Loader. When I try to use this, I get the above error message ("your modchip does not support......" etc)

Having been on the some other forums, as well as google, I have tried this to resolve:

Format 1.x xbox and rebuild with MS Dash - no joy (via slayers)
Evox 3.6 1.1 bin (bios image)
Evox D.6 Eject Fix (bios image)
Evox 2.6 (unsure of version so )

Curiously, I have applied the same procedure to a 1.0 xbox with no problems at all. I tried flashing the same BIOS that was on my 1.0 xbox to the 1.1 xbox, and again, no change. I even took the chip out of mine (a bit extreme I know!) and put it in the problematic xbox to no avail!

I notice that Px HDD loader when booted, cannot see the HDD has it says there are is 0.000GB free and total HDD size is 0.000GB.

Im guessing Im doing something very easy wrong, or I need to edit something (perhaps?) to tell it to look at the E: drive (as it is a retail xbox and has no F: drive)

Has anyone had this problem before? Sorry to post, but Im really at a loss right now sad.gif

Thanks for any help guys.

#2 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 September 2003 - 04:44 PM

Just run PX HDD Loader from your hard drive.

#3 paulfurn

paulfurn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 04:46 PM

Hello mate,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have installed it to the E: drive already, Ive even deleted the 1.0 version (that slayers installer put on) and put 1.2 Px HDD loader on to no avail.

Out of interest, was the eject fix bios supposed to fix this (or am I barking up the wrong tree?)

Thanks again for the help.

#4 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 September 2003 - 04:50 PM

A BIOS with Eject Fix would only aid you if you were booting PX HDD Loader directly from a disc.

You're positive you're running it from the HDD and not the disc???

#5 paulfurn

paulfurn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 05:27 PM

I am indeed running it off the HDD.

To be on the safe side (!) I have ejected the slayers CD, and it boots to the slayers dashboard from the HDD. I then go into system management, and select "Game management on xbox HD" ... it is at this point the HDDLoader boots up and presents me with that message.

Quite bizarre.

#6 paulfurn

paulfurn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 06:27 PM

Strange this.

Okay, I changed the partition (white button) from 6 to 1, tried it, no luck.

I changed back again, from 1 to 6 - same error message.

I changed back abnd forth around 4 times, finally it allowed me to rip something from the DVD to the HDD.

Still no clearer as to why it behaved like that, though at least it works!

Thanks for the hints and suggestions anyway Xeero, much appreciated mate smile.gif

#7 hydrocardiac

hydrocardiac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 10:16 AM

i am also getting the exact same message with mine also....any more comments on this would be great
thx..

#8 OcnewB

OcnewB

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:XboX modding, Repairing, Selling, Writing Tutorials.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:40 PM

Yup i also got this message:
two xbox's both with 4979 bios and 3921 evox give me the same message. Any one?

#9 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:53 PM

Why not just try using dvd2xbox and see if you have a problem. If dvd2xbox works then you know it's just a bug or problem with PX. dvd2xbox is a much better program anyway.

#10 loungesong

loungesong

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:29 PM

I am having this problem myself.

I have an xecuter 2.3 lite, running 4981 with Evox 3935. Everything seems to be OK.

I am getting an error in Px HDD Loader v1.3a "Your modchip does not support the eject on reset trick found. Disc must already be inserted to install."

I have tried the following:

1. I have installed HDDLoader on the C: drive of the Xbox, and have added it to my Evox menu.

2. I boot the Xbox, wait for the dash, insert a game, wait about 10 seconds then select HDDLoader.

3. It reades the disk fine inside the application, but when I go to install it on the HDD, I get the error message.

Although I have Auto run games, dvds, and audio, disabled in my .ini file, if I boot the Xbox with a game in it, it will run automatically, which I think is normal.

Also, I have done nothing as far as locking/unlocking my Hard Drive, is this necessary?

Thanks in advance,

Loungesong

#11 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (chefelf @ Jan 3 2004, 10:53 AM)
Why not just try using dvd2xbox and see if you have a problem. If dvd2xbox works then you know it's just a bug or problem with PX. dvd2xbox is a much better program anyway.

Ahhh. It was as true four months ago as it is today. wink.gif

#12 lenballs

lenballs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:49 PM

All you people getting the 'Your modchip does not support eject fix...' in PxHDDloader, it's because you have an no F: or partition 6, and are also running the 4979 or 4981 bios (or equivalent Evo bios - I never use these).

I know you will not get this message with the old 4977 bios with no LBA48 support.

However, if you run the 4977 bios with LBA48 support, you will be unable to run any app from E: if you do not have an F:. (ie. standard Western-Digital 8gb HDD).

Anyway, I have digressed, there is nothing wrong with Px, it just displays this message because there is no F:. Just press the black button and it will switch to E:, the green message will dissappear and you can backup a game to E: if you have enough space.

#13 loungesong

loungesong

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:17 PM

Thanks, this worked...I needed to switch to Partition 1 (whatever drive that is) and it worked immediately.

Thanks again!

Loungesong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users