• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jucey

jucey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 11:02 PM

i am having a problem with my xbox. i screwed up flashing. well the order went format hd and flash bios. i CANNOT get anything to boot. no error code. i installed a new chip and still nothing. i am assuming that the harddrive is empty. so i put it in my computer and tried to unlock it. problem is my computer wont recognize it. it comes back with device not ready. i have set the xbox drive to master. i was going to put everything back on using the backup info and the copy of the c: and e: drives i have.

#2 jucey

jucey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 12:06 AM

ok update. i got it to unlock and then i used hddisable. when i rebooted my computer i couldnt get the drive to show up in explorer to put the files back on. can someone help? i'm using windows ME

#3 jucey

jucey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 02:14 AM

another update......the status thru atapwd state S+ AND F+.

#4 catdog2

catdog2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 04:54 AM

The xbox uses a different file format (FATX) than that of windows, so the drive will appear unformatted when you connect to your pc once it has been unlocked.

You can boot from a CD-RW with evo-x on it, (reformat if required) and ftp the files back onto the harddrive. Just make sure you set the IP etc before you burn the CD because you cant change it once the xbox is running.

This probably doesn't help you all that much since you have no error code, but it does answer some of your questions. Do you have any video at all? FRAG? It sounds like a bad flash, but if you've tried another chip...?

#5 jucey

jucey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 03:03 PM

i believe i cant get in because the chip i use wont let me use swapped harddrives (enigmah final). i was going to try and put the drive into another box modded with a x-killer. i should be able to get in and format and reinstall everything....i hope. anything i should be aware of when switching the harddrive over. it is already unlocked. i was going to use the evox hdd install disc and then config magic to lock it before putting it back in the original xbox. should this work?

#6 catdog2

catdog2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 02:53 AM

DO NOT LOCK IT BEFORE PUTTING IT BACK IN THE ORIGINAL XBOX!!!!!!!!

Each xbox has a unique key for the harddrive, so it must be locked in the xbox it will be used in. (You cannot transfer it in a locked state between different xbox's).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users