8 replies to this topic

#1 steinola

steinola

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 01:33 AM

Currently, once or twice a week, I've been hauling my (unmodded) XBox over to a buddy's to play on his huge 16:9 TV.

Now that I'm considering a modchip, I'm looking at the MatriX. a) I've had some soldering experience... though no real PCB soldering, and cool.gif if something better comes along it sure would be nice to be able to get the thing out cleanly so I could install the newer stuff.

Question is, with the travelling my box does, will the MatriX screw installation hold up? Or will I find myself constantly re-opening the box to re-adjust and re-tighten it?

#2 Chunks

Chunks

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 03:08 AM

you should be alright.

When the matrix first came out, I believe there were some people who tested the "durability" of the chip by shaking the sh*t out of the xbox after they installed the chip to see if it would stay in place.

Just as long as you're not draggin' your xbox behind your bike wink.gif

#3 deka

deka

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 October 2002 - 05:33 AM

I lug mine to my friends house all the time, if the chip can stay put in my car with me driving, YOU should be fine. biggrin.gif

#4 CZECH

CZECH

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 06:48 AM

Mine has been across the country twice with NO problems......

The chip does not weigh enough for it to be able to move ….

You should wait for the Xecuter 2 …BETTER chip CHEAPER and just as easy to install

If you order the Matrix from Easybuy2000 blink.gif you are crazy….
Save yourself the hassle and wait for the better chip

#5 forcelite

forcelite

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 08:24 AM

the xecutor2 will only have one thing over the matrix. it wil have more than 256k for the bios, which dosnt help many of us, get a matrix dude

#6 CZECH

CZECH

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 10:13 AM

It will have one other BIG thing......You DONT have to buy it from Easybuy2000..........

#7 obiwan

obiwan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 11:02 AM

My box is not only open all the time, but i have it riding with me all the time
when i take it to friends to watch a DIVX and stuff

As i said before, I cant even make it move when i pull it.

Its there to stay smile.gif

As for waiting, Easybuy has stock now and doesnt have the delay they used to when it first came out.

I would suggest you get the Matrix since it promises alot.

check out its info at the official site

#8 steinola

steinola

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like I should be in good shape.

Bwn - I notice you wired the external mode switches. Did you use the 3 prong connector I read about? Or did you wire them right to the dip switches? It was actually the article I read about installing the external switches that got me to wondering about whether the MatriX was solid or not. The article mentioned that he used the connector so if the wired got pulled, the connector would decouple instead of pulling the MatriX around. And I thought "man... if the switches are mounted to the case, and he's still worried about the wires pulling the MatriX out of alignment... that thing must not be in there very well". But I guess this isn't an issue?

So Easybuy is in decent shape, shipping-date-wise, now?

#9 _ASIC_

_ASIC_

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (steinola @ Oct 28 2002, 10:07 AM)
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like I should be in good shape.

Bwn - I notice you wired the external mode switches. Did you use the 3 prong connector I read about? Or did you wire them right to the dip switches? It was actually the article I read about installing the external switches that got me to wondering about whether the MatriX was solid or not. The article mentioned that he used the connector so if the wired got pulled, the connector would decouple instead of pulling the MatriX around. And I thought "man... if the switches are mounted to the case, and he's still worried about the wires pulling the MatriX out of alignment... that thing must not be in there very well". But I guess this isn't an issue?

So Easybuy is in decent shape, shipping-date-wise, now?

If you are willing to wait for it. I would go with the x-ecutor2. The Matrix does work ok, but if you want external switches you have to mod it. Also, the pogo pins are not totally reliable. Not to say they won't work for you, but solder connections are definately better. Also, the new x-ecutor mod chips have the external switch setup already included. (from what I've heard).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users