10 replies to this topic

#1 blatchy

blatchy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 01:17 AM

I just rented this game because it said that there was system link for this game. But I don't see it anywhere. Is this a misprint like 720 support? If it is, it's going back and Blockbuster is giving me my money back.

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 September 2003 - 02:42 AM

No, ESPN NFL 2K4 does not have system link.

Good luck returning it for your money back...

#3 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 02:59 AM

why dont you just enjoy the game. It is awesome. I mean you rented it for probably 4 dollars so just enjoy the game.

#4 blatchy

blatchy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 01:10 PM

See, a 'yes' or 'no' answer would suffice, really. Thanks for the info.

But if you really want a longer answer, I already own Madden 2004. The differences between this and Madden when it comes down to slapping another $50 for a game are negligible. The only clear advantage that ESPN would have for Xbox was if it were system link compatible, which is huge for me and my friends. If the only reason why I rented was to test out this feature and the feature didn't have it, I have enough backbone to actually ask for my money back if something that I don't believe that I got what I paid for. And, in this case, it clearly says that it is system link right on the game packaging.

And another thing: Blockbuster said absolutely they would let me trade in this game for another (or get my money back), especially since the game was not as advertised. It's just good business, so why would you be surprised that I would not get it?

I'm more shocked that a moderator would break off a useless comment to a simple question. I mean, yes, it's your right but this trend of offering flippant and unneeded remarks just for the sake of making really no point whatsoever is just lame(which pains me to say because I love Craxtion). I come to this board for information and feedback and, yes, i do also come here for opinion at times. But while the internet has made it easier for everyone to have an opinion and voice (through personal web pages, boards, and blogs), sometimes I just want an answer without a personal diatribe (like this one). I just hope this board doesn't go the way of IGN, where pointless posts abound, nothing of substance gets said, and serves as nothing more than a gripe forum.

But I know that's not the case with IGN because several of the other forums I read or post to are not like this one. I'll just make sure that I stick to the ones with greater focus and substance....

Edited by blatchy, 07 September 2003 - 01:19 PM.

#5 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 02:21 PM

And another thing: Blockbuster said absolutely they would let me trade in this game for another (or get my money back), especially since the game was not as advertised. It's just good business, so why would you be surprised that I would not get it?

Because you could have easily just lied and did a backup of the game at home, and returned it.

Thats why a video store by me stopped doing $1 per day video game rentals laugh.gif

I'm more shocked that a moderator would break off a useless comment to a simple question. I mean, yes, it's your right but this trend of offering flippant and unneeded remarks just for the sake of making really no point whatsoever is just lame

All LepPper said was enjoy the game... dry.gif

Edited by shanafan, 07 September 2003 - 02:32 PM.

#6 Squirrel_ESS_GEN

Squirrel_ESS_GEN

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 11:19 PM

Well, it dosent have systems link no. But its so damn good, considering ive been waiting for it forever, that i bought another xbox yesterday just to play it on xbox live.

#7 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (blatchy @ Sep 7 2003, 09:10 AM)
See, a 'yes' or 'no' answer would suffice, really. Thanks for the info.

But if you really want a longer answer, I already own Madden 2004. The differences between this and Madden when it comes down to slapping another $50 for a game are negligible. The only clear advantage that ESPN would have for Xbox was if it were system link compatible, which is huge for me and my friends. If the only reason why I rented was to test out this feature and the feature didn't have it, I have enough backbone to actually ask for my money back if something that I don't believe that I got what I paid for. And, in this case, it clearly says that it is system link right on the game packaging.

I'm more shocked that a moderator would break off a useless comment to a simple question. I mean, yes, it's your right but this trend of offering flippant and unneeded remarks just for the sake of making really no point whatsoever is just lame(which pains me to say because I love Craxtion). I come to this board for information and feedback and, yes, i do also come here for opinion at times. But while the internet has made it easier for everyone to have an opinion and voice (through personal web pages, boards, and blogs), sometimes I just want an answer without a personal diatribe (like this one). I just hope this board doesn't go the way of IGN, where pointless posts abound, nothing of substance gets said, and serves as nothing more than a gripe forum.

But I know that's not the case with IGN because several of the other forums I read or post to are not like this one. I'll just make sure that I stick to the ones with greater focus and substance....

I really do not think that I said anything wrong. I just said that the game is so great and that you should enjoy it. I pre-orderd it because I love the NFL2K line of games and thought this was the best yet. I did not call you a name or some smirky comment. I just said that since you rented it, you should enjoy it, nothing more or less.

Glad you like Craxtion but it has nothing to do with the comments I make on the board.

LepPpeR

#8 thisisvick

thisisvick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:02 AM

can u believe that sh*t.. the damn guy wrote an essay.... dude.. relax.. take a freakin chill pill..... comments like that tire guys like me.. when i WANT TO FIND INFO.... so F off and go back to IGN... cause i never want to read a post liek that again......

#9 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (thisisvick @ Sep 8 2003, 05:02 AM)
can u believe that sh*t.. the damn guy wrote an essay.... dude.. relax.. take a freakin chill pill..... comments like that tire guys like me.. when i WANT TO FIND INFO.... so F off and go back to IGN... cause i never want to read a post liek that again......

what are you talking about?

#10 blatchy

blatchy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 04:50 PM

After this superlative commentary by Vick, Lepper, I take back everything I ever said about you...

#11 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (blatchy @ Sep 10 2003, 12:50 PM)
can u believe that sh*t.. the damn guy wrote an essay.... dude.. relax.. take a freakin chill pill.....  comments like that tire guys like me.. when i WANT TO FIND INFO.... so F off and go back to IGN... cause i never want to read a post liek that again......

After this superlative commentary by Vick, Lepper, I take back everything I ever said about you...

Not a problem bro, I do not take anything personal. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users