the switch can only be accessed by stripping the console cover off and removing the dvd drive from the console and accessing the underside of it
how many of your clients strip their xboxes regularly to flick internal switches? really? i dont think you grasp the idea of this, and where the switch is located.
it cannot be seen or accessed when the console is fully assembled.
did you think i drilled a hole clean through the console motherboard to see it from outside the console?
if you dont want an easy unlock switch and prefer to solder and unsolder the trace cut on the drive for each update go on ahead! follow the original tutorial released. your PCB will be in a great state after 10 or more updates!!
heres the method i used to get vendor mode (bad flash recovery method steps 1 - 5) and unlock the drive
1. run JF and get the drive recognised on whatever port you use
2. hit intro and it will say power cycle drive.
3. hit yes on JF and power off drive
4. place PMT probe on MPX01 point on top of board close to the flash chip shown in diagram below. dont worry about the example below saying Lizard, it can be used with any PMT style probe, homemade or not, the grip shown on the yellow wire is also part of the lizard and does not need to be used with a TX/homemade probe.
5. power on the drive and you should get 0x72 vendor mode.
6. run the russian unlock tool, enter the port number in hex, poll the drive and it will say vendor mode 0x72 and SPI locked 0x9
7. flick the switch to 1 and hit unlock in the russian tool, and it will report unlocked SPI status 0x0.
8. in JF hit erase and it will go through. power cycle the drive and intro it again, if it is correctly erased it will enter vendor mode without the PMT probe. you may need to run the unlock tool and enter unlock command to ensure it is still unlocked.
9. at this point flash a 9504OFW to your drive with your key etc spoofed in. it should go through.
10. after successful 9504 write power off drive and return switch to 0, normal circuit. power drive and ensure it is working by ejecting it and observing laser movements.
11. then power drive, and get it recognised, then run slimunlock. the drive will completely unlock with 0x72 vendor mode.
12. flash LT 1.9 to the drive, and run the locking tool released on x-h to lock the SPI again.
done!This post has been edited by Gazc0igne: Aug 3 2011, 02:44 PM