QUOTE(regulater7 @ Mar 28 2011, 03:09 AM)
Ok I have 2 XBOX 360's, modded them been in the scene awhile. Im trading one for a PS3 tommorow, sense I want the HOME BREW of the PS3.
I can figure out how to apply the mod, install apps etc.
1.Want an EXTERNAL USB drive, whats the Max size? File Format? will a 1TB drive work? Ntfs?
*if only Fat32 theres a 4gb file limit (how does that effect games?)
2. After I transfer a PS3 game to the external drive do i need a BLU RAY disk to boot it up? (i dont own any blu rays, will movies work also if needed?)
the PS3 will come with Call of Duty 4 World at War, not sure if that is BLU ray or DVD.
3. Can you back up games to BLU rays or DVDs? or only play off HDD?
sorry if these are easily found, but i kept finding conflicting information.
1. 1TB will work only fat 32 is capable of playing backups at the moment. If the game itself has files over 4GB then you have to use a spliting program(there are a few out there) to split the files to work on the external. If they don't then they can be put on the external as-is.
2. Some games do need a game disk in the drive to boot. Any PS3 game disk will work. I found a copy of NHL 09 at a local pawn show for $5.99 and it lets me play the ones that need a disk.
3. As far as I know there is no way to do this at present.