Joined: 15-May 09
Member No.: 411764
my cousin left down a open can of beer beside my 360 and ended up knocking it over when he stood up. I'm not definite that it got inside at the mother board but a small bit did get inside the plastic cover at the bottom of the 360 (when it standing up, mine was on it side) as that's the side that was facing him.
the console was on when it happened. but i pull the cable out of the power brick right away before any sign's of anything frying. anyway, how long would you think i should leave the 360 to dry before i try it(just to be on the safe side). i don't have any hair dryers in the house, but i left it near a radiator that is on.
This post has been edited by lanagan: May 15 2009, 04:36 PM
Group: Head Moderator
Joined: 16-December 03
Member No.: 82718
Xbox Version: v1.0
360 version: v1 (xenon)
Because it's liquid, and the longer it's left on there to evaporate on it's own the more damage it'll end up causing. Water would be bad on it's own, but anything past that and it gets worse, with soda being about as close to Capacitors leaking or battery acid as ya can get if it's spilled on a board and left uncleaned.