RIGHT CLICK AND DOWNLOAD AT:
- Thanks darkzero!
- Thanks Brahm2
If you've been around here for a bit you might have seen some of my xbox photoshops that I've done. Now I don't fancy myself as a photoshop expert but others believe I do good work, and I've been PM'ed like crazy about doing a photoshop for XXX person
. I finally decided that I should make a photoshop template that almost anyone with very basic skills could work with, and after a few weeks its finally ready.
I took the source pictures myself of my Mountain Dew Limited Edition Box, it's 1024 x 768 high resolution. I've broken the template into 3 different sets of layers:
This XBOX Photoshop template, provided by BlindBug, is broken into different layer sets:
1. Xbox Text
Case Layer Sets
- Jewel Text
- DVD Tray Text
- Port Numbers Text
2. Basic Set5. Background Layer
3. Medium Set
- Top X
- Buttons & Port Shadows
4. Advanced Set
- Top X
- Wedge - Border
- Port Shadows
- Top X
- Fins - (left, right, upper)
- Tray - (left, dvd, right)
- Face - (left, right)
- Wedge - border (left face, left tray, left x, right x, right tray, right face)
- Wedge - (upper triangle, upper face, lower face, tray left, tray right)
- Buttons - (power, eject)
- Ports - (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Port Shadows
6. Source Picture
The "Xbox Text" Layer set is universally used across all the Basic, Medium and Advanced layer sets and should be above all sets. Beginners can set visibility (the little eye to the left of each layer set/layer in the layers window inside of Photoshop) and use that set. Medium and Advanced are, as expected, the medium and advanced users of photoshop. Each set gets progressively more complex, with the basic set having 7 layers, and the advanced set having 28.
A very simple way to change the looks of the xbox in this template are as follows:
1. Select the layer (xbox part) that you would like to change the color of & click it in the Layers window of Photoshop.
2. Select 'Image... Adjustments... Hue/Saturation' and adjust the hue to the desired color, along with the saturation to the desired tone, click OK.
3. Select 'Image... Adjustments... Brightness/Contrast' and adjust accordingly, click OK.
- To make white: adjust saturation all the way down, then up the brightness AND contrast both UP
- To change the Xbox Text, right-click the layer, select 'Blending Options', click 'Color Overlay' and click the colored box, change the color accordingly, and adjust the opacity accordingly
4. You can drag parts from the Advanced Set above other sets and/or layers if desired so as to color a specific part of the xbox one color (i.e. the upper face section of the wedge)
5. Resize your image to 640 x 480, or 800 x 600 and save in your favorite format (.jpg, .png, .gif, etc.)
SOME PHOTOSHOP EXAMPLES:http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/b...rtcakebox02.jpghttp://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/b..._white_xbox.jpghttp://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/b...y_xbox_copy.jpghttp://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/b...silver_xbox.jpghttp://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/b...e_xbox_copy.jpg
The last one is the most recent of all those (fixed the jewel and some other stuff)....
brahmedit: changed the web address for my mirrorThis post has been edited by brahm2: Jan 2 2005, 04:14 AM