AutoHacker by BadBloke
AutoHacker is an app I wrote which helps automate the proccess of SMC/JTAG Hack (on nand-related stuff only, of course).FEATURES:
- Motherboard Autodetection
- CB version / exploitability Autodetection
- Reads NAND two times (or part of it if we are using a BB Jasper)
- Compares the two backups, if they are identical, it saves them in a folder with a name of our choice.
- Extracts KV and ConfigBlock from the NAND Backup.
- Patches previously extracted KV and ConfigBlock in to the correct version of XBReboot (which is also autodetected).
- Writes final image to NAND memory of our console.
- Can also erase NAND (or part of it, if we are using a BB Jasper)
- Can also write original backup into NAND.
It can also be used regardless of JTAG Hacking in the following ways:
- Nand Dump
- Nand Compare
- Nand Write (any .bin image)
It uses a full (custom) GUI which saves as from typos or mistakes which can be done by manually typing in commands. It also saves as from looking up to Guides to determine the correct NAND addresses which are varied along with the motherboard revisions, since AutoHacker knows the motherboard we are working on, if it is exploitable etc. If something is not right (CB not exploitable / we have not patched XBR / we have not two identical backups) it does NOT overwrite our NAND
. ;DNOTICE: This program DEPENDS on NandPro and does NOT replace it.I will update the app regularly, fixing bugs and adding features. Of course, each time a new XBR comes out, AutoHacker will need to be updated (this goes without saying).SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS / INSTALLATION:
In order for AutoHacker to run properly it needs:
- All the XBR 8955_3 versions (for all motherboards).
- NandPro 2.0b (Only this version is tested, the commands are 100% compatible with 2.0b and thus I have locked the program to this version - it will not run if it detects other NandPro version or no NandPro at all)
- SDL .NET runtime.
- Use XBINS to download NandPro 2.0b and extract contents in "AutoHacker V2\" folder.
- Use XBINS to download all XBR_8955_3. ALL VERSIONS are needed (for all motherboard revisions). Extract all of them (or not) and throw them in "AutoHacker V2\XBR\" folder. There must be 6 .bin (or 3 .zip and 3 .rar) files in there.
- Run "sdldotnet-6.1.0-runtime-setup.exe". This will install the SDL .NET runtime.
- Run "port95nt.exe" if you are using LPT. This has to do with NandPro.DISCLAIMER:
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOUR CONSOLE!! This program has been tested and it worked flawlessly during these tests. Abusing this program may give different results. The fact that it automates the whole process, does NOT mean that you don't have to know what you're doing. You DO, or else, you may end up with a bricked console!!
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AS YOU WOULD USE NANDPRO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Fixed a bug where CB version 6723 was reported as not exploitable.
Added a self-check upon startup so that all the files are in place and correct version.
Added feature to automatically unpack XBR images in case the user threw them in the folder without decompressing first.
Complete rewrite. v2.00 Initial Release.DOCUMENTATION / HILARIOUSLY EASY JTAG GUIDE (on NAND-related stuff)This forum doesn't allow me to post as many images as I would like to complege the program manual in a single post. I don't want to triple-post, so, bear with having to copy-paste the last 5 images in order to view them
Make your LPT/USB soldering (not covered here).
Install and setup AutoHacker, then run it.
Bear with the "scene-like-scroller-thingy-with-awesome-SIDtune" then press esc.
Read the disclaimer, press OK, and you'll get to the Setup Menu:
Notice at the upper-left portion of the window the so-called "info box". This is where we can see the interface type of our choice (LPT/USB), the NAND size of our choice, the revision of our motherboard (autodetected) and the CB version (autodetected). This info box is there while we're navigating through app's menu system and when we click on [SETUP] we get back to this screen, selecting Interface and NAND size.
Here we go:
Choose the method you use to connect your XBOX to your PC (LPT/USB).
Click on the photo that corresponds to your NAND.
AutoHacker will now try to extract your console's CB and will tell you whether it is exploitable or not. The pictured system is modguru's guinea pig (an RROD'ed Xenon with CB version 1888
) Notice that in the Setup Info that the field "Motherbrd" and "CB ver." is now filled-out
. Press any key and you're done setting up (it was 2 clicks). You are now in the main menu (Action menu):
We first choose...
In the Action menu, click on DUMP.
By now, AutoHacker should know everything it needs, and knows the commands we need to run. It informs us on the commands that will be used and asks for a keypress... Press a key and the first dump begins.
It then waits 10 seconds and the second dump begins.
When the 2nd dump is complete, it will automatically compare the two files and if they're identical it will inform us and ask us for a folder name. Once we type it and press ENTER, it will create a folder with the name of our choice, then copies the two files (dump1.bin and dump2.bin) on that folder.
As we can see, it succeeded in doing so.
Next step to JTAG city is...
I feel like I'm writing a novel ;D
In the Action Menu, we click on PATCH.
That was easy, right? We're done here!!NOTE: This step will fail if we haven't copied all the XBR versions in the XBR folder.
(see installation instructions)
Now all that is left is write the patched XBR.bin to our NAND memory.
In the Action menu, click on WRITE.
Click on XBR.
AutoHacker does some checks. 3 requirements need to be met in order to let us write XBR to our NAND memory.
1) You need to have patched XBR.
2) You need to have a good NAND backup.
3) You need to have an exploitable CB.
If all of the requirements are met, it asks us for a keypress to continue writing the NAND (or else it will read some red text explaining why it won't let us and we'll be back to Action menu).
Then it warns us that we're about to actually write our NAND. THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE TO CANCEL.
If you're sure we know what we're doing, click OK.
XBR gets written into NAND...
And finally it prints NandPro's DebugLog.txt on screen so thet if we were away from our PC we can see if something went wrong and possible error messages. We press any key and we're back to the Action menu. All that is left is solder our JTAG wires/diodes and enjoy our XBOX360 the way it was meant to be! ;D ;DStill a WIP, need to add instructions on erasing the nand and other write options...This post has been edited by BadBloke: Apr 12 2010, 12:45 AM