1. You can also make your own cable: http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xbox_Linux_..._prebuilt_cable
2. The gamesave exploit gives you ftp access. As as an added precaution, you could ftp backups of C drive and E drive to PC before you start the softmod install. Eeprom backup is the most important file to backup.
3. On PC, xplorer360 is a Windows program to transfer gamesave to usb flash drive.
4. Not all usb flash drive are compatible with xbox.
5. Making XBMC as main dash: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=406656
, variation of this depending on dash location (E:\dash or E:\dashboard), but always make sure you have eeprom.bin on PC and test the candidate dash XBE with the file manager by launching it first manually before you reboot.
Krayzie's is spelt Krayzie's actually.This post has been edited by ldotsfan: Oct 11 2008, 12:25 AM