QUOTE(pdx98 @ Mar 11 2008, 08:37 AM)
Anyone played this yet? Got it last week. Played it with a buddy of mine for a couple of days. Here is what I think:
- Gfx are buggy as hell. Textures are alot of times all blurry and suddenly become high detail.
- The controlls are annoyingly slow (even with sensitivity at high)
- All the weapons are basically the same with stupid upgrade-system.
- The game is also too easy, even on the hardest diffeculty.
- The cutscenes are uninteresting and look like something from 2002
- The plot/storie is not something you bother listening to since its so dumb.
- Almost forgot the mention the Aggro-feature which is just stupid...
I've been playing Gears of war last couple of weeks. That game is years ahead of this game when it comes to story (thats says alot), graphics and gameplay..
i'll agree that SOMETIMES the gfx can be buggy but, only for like 2 seconds on 1 thing. that happened to me once on the aricraft carrier with a helicopter.
the weapons are so different from each other, you can make you gun however you want, a stealthy sniper, to a pimped out golden AK47 and they all are different
the game can be easy at times, but on contractor difficulty the last 3 levels had some very tricky parts even with a skilled partner
the cutscenes are amazing, they look like real people. they have great textures and for once they have great facial expressions in cutscenes.
the plot in this game trumps Gears of War by 100x. because there is barely a story in gears. this one is neat with the whole conspiracy going on and there is a lot of character development between Rios and Salem
and the aggro is a very neat feature. killing the HEavy guards without it would be so much harder. i mean it makes sense, if a guy runs out into battle with a pea shooter and another guy goes with with an RPG of course they are going to ignore the guy with the pea shooter
9/10 because it is too short though