QUOTE(SpaceBuddha @ Oct 25 2007, 11:24 PM)
I have a 360 with a Benq drive (Elite) and another 360 with a Hitachi 47 (Premium).
The Hitachi 47 is already flashed with some old version of Xtreme firmware and problem is that I don't have the original firmware for the Hitachi, only the modded one that's on there.
What I'd like to do is to have the Hitachi in the Benq console.
Anyway to do this and have the "new" iXtreme 1.2 on there?
If I have the Benq's key, would it then be possible to just insert that key in the existing firmware that is already on the Hitachi and then re-flash that "new" firmware file with the Benq key to the Hitachi drive and use it in my Elite?
I've searched for an hour or so and didn't find any usefull info.
PS: I don't care if it's Live-safe or not.
Thanks in advance.
Correct me if im wrong, but im sure you need to put your hitachi drive back to stock before you attempt a new flash, or things could go horribly wrong and you might end up with a Hitachi brick.
Although i have never restored a Hitachi without the orig.bin from your drive i would prob procede as follows, but someone might need to confirm this before you start.
1. Get your BenQ key(save it somewhere safe in a notepad labelled BenQ key)
2. Read your Hitachi drive and save the key (save it somewhere in a notepad labelled Hitachi Key)
3. Get the latest ixtreme for Hitachi and run RESTORE.bat. this should auto detect your current firmware version and restore it back to stock.
4. Power up your 360 with the Hitachi drive in and check that the restore has gone ok then move to the next stage.
5. Connect Hitachi drive back to pc making sure it is in mode B.
6. Run the latest version of firmware toolbox 4.5 i think and read the drive/direct drive dump.
7. Replace the key with your BenQ key and choose to Spoof to BenQ drive.
8. Flash drive with toolbox 4.5
Anyhow like i said, this is my theory and someone might want to correct it, but i think this is the direction you need to be going to get to where you want to be with your setup.
H MAnThis post has been edited by Hercules Man: Oct 26 2007, 02:23 AM