a few possiblities.
1) You didn't swap right, if you haven't try the unplug xbox dvdrom ide connection trick, try it.
2) You didn't use the primary ide cable, type this after xboxhdm loaded.
do you see anything like hdx5y (x = a-c, y = 0-4) if yes, you swaped right but you didn't use the right ide cable aka primary master which is hda...
Like DaddyJ said, check his hotswap faq or follow the below info.Some Tips for Hotswap/Common sense
*Remove your XBox HD from its case/holder.
*Disconnect the IDE connection to the XBox DVD-ROM.
*Make sure the AV cable is hook up to the back of your XBox, don't have to hook up to the TV.
*Disconnect all computer HD from its IDE cable or remove the power plug or do both to be safe.
*Turn off your XBox and computer and practice a few time when there is no power first. Practice makes perfect.
*Disconnect and reconnect the XBox HD IDE cable to its HD a few times to lossen the connection->become less 'sticky'.
*Don't touch bottom of the HD when the HD is powered.
*When you are comfortable, you can hotswap. How to Hotswap (DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK)
1. Find your computer Primary IDE channel/cable. It is usually the one that is connected to your OS HD.
2. Unplug IDE connection to the XBOX DVDROM and reconnect your XBox HD to the XBOX.
3. Turn on your XBox
4. Insert XBoxHDM CD into your computer and let your computer boot to XBoxHDM selection screen.
5. When your computer boot to the selection screen and your XBox light is flashing red/orange etc..., relatively quick (don't have to be that quick but just don't start daydreaming after you unplug the HD etc..) but CAREFULLY, remove the XBox HD from its IDE Cable and insert your computer Primary IDE Cable to the XBox HD.
6. Then select "Boot text-console with xbox-drive utilities" by type 2 and then follow by Enter key.
7. XBoxHDM will do its business and it will takes a minute or so. If you do it right, you will not see any error reguarding to the HD etc...
8. When it is done loading/booting, type xbrowser and then follow by Enter key. This will mount your CD and the XBox C & E Partition.
9. If you successfully hotswap, a semi-graphical filemanager will shows up and you can do what you need to do to mod, rename and copy etc..
10. If when you type xbrowser and you get error message, which means, you weren't successfully hotswap so you need to redo from step one. It could also be that you didn't hook up your XBox HD to your computer Primary IDE cable.This post has been edited by slrhsapple: Feb 10 2005, 09:56 PM