QUOTE(Beaps @ Dec 5 2012, 03:18 AM)
I am trying to upgrade the hard drive in a friends Xbox 1.
I softmodded the console for them but I don't know the best method to install a larger hard drive. I use a laptop so I am not able to connect the Xbox IDE hard drive to it so I am not sure of my options.
My xbox tho is modchipped so I put their hard drive in mine formatted it installed evoX, took it out, placed it in theirs & all I get is the green text.
Bit stuck, please help
This is how I softmod and upgrade hard drives on other Xbox consoles using my chipped Xbox:
1. Backup the C drive, E drive, and the eeprom from your friends Xbox using your favorite gamesave exploit and evolution X
2. unlock your hard drive on your chipped xbox using the "config magic" app (to prevent being locked out)
3. take your friends new hard drive (that you plan to install in your friends Xbox) and install it in your chipped xbox
4. Format the hard drive by loading a dvdr Evolution X (you can format remotely using FTP commands also)
5. copy over the backup of C and E partitions that were saved to your pc
6. install "Config Magic 1.6" and save your eeprom backup inside the config magic data folder
7. launch config magic, update your chipped Xbox with the eeprom from your friends xbox
8. after updating your eeprom, lock the hard drive using the same eeprom
9. remove the hard drive and install it in your friends xbox
10. the hard drive should now function properly in your friends xbox
11. proceed with softmodding the xbox like you normally would
12. reflash your old eeprom to your chipped xbox if you feel the need to
There are multiple ways of going about doing this, but this is what seemed to work well for me. Config Magic, Evolution X, and any one of the softmod auto-installers makes the process a breeze.