QUOTE(TKGK @ Nov 20 2008, 11:59 PM)
Question about 264 and the 360... I've always used the original XBOX softmodded to a XBMC for my media streaming from my XP SP3 based system... and the reason i haven't been using the 360 is because i thought it couldn't playback 264, if it could, i'd be downloading episodes in 720p instead...
So, how do u get the xbox360 to play 264 files in the .mkv container utilizing an XP based system (with WMP11 of course).
Do you have to change the container to something else (avi?), if so, how (recommendations, i can google myself). and does your computer have to be able to play the files ?
thanks in advance
Ya in order to play h.264 it needs to be in a mp4 container with AAC sound (2 channel only). I use a program called gotsent to repackage my mkv files which also changes the audio aswell. Make sure you run the program with admin rights. Heres a quote from the xbox team website.
What exactly does the Xbox 360 support for H.264?
Xbox 360 supports the following for H.264:
· File Extensions: .mp4, .m4v, mp4v, .mov
· Containers: MPEG-4, QuickTime
· Video Profiles: Baseline, main, and high (up to Level 4.1) profiles.
· Video Bitrate: 10 Mbps with resolutions of 1920 x 1080 at 30fps. See question number 11 for more information.
· Audio Profiles: 2 channel AAC low complexity (LC)
· Audio Max Bitrate: No restrictions. See question number 11 for more information.This post has been edited by TraktioN: Dec 5 2008, 11:04 PM