As a general rule of thumb, if you're unsure if your topic is to be posted in this forum, create it in Newbie Chat instead. You most likely will not receive a mute for posting in an incorrect section, and your thread will most likely not be closed for, again, being posted in an incorrect area.
To this forum, the word 'hacking' means to attempt to circumvent or bypass the security mechanisms of the Xbox 360, either in whole, or in a certain area of its hardware. All other topics, namely troubleshooting topics, do not relate to this definition, and will closed, deleted, or moved at a staff member's discretion.To eliminate confusion, the only legitimate topics to be posted here need to relate to:
Your topic will be immediately closed without written reason if it relates to:
- Valid questions and discoveries needed to further Xbox 360 hacking progress, and
- Valid questions and discoveries about a proposed Xbox 360 hacking concept or theory.
- General hardware questions
- General case-modding questions
- General DVD-ROM questions
- General firmware questions
- Firmware flashing
- Firmware updating
- Post-flashing problems
- General SATA card questions
- SATA card problems and incompatibilities
- Game back-up creation
- Game back-up burning
- Stealth-patching game images
- Making game back-ups safe for Xbox LIVE
- General ban wave questions
If your topic is truly hacking-related in nature, it can be posted in its dedicated hacking
forum (in this case, your topic in this forum will be closed). Any exceptions can be posted in this forum, but as stated earlier, need to be still hacking-related.
Xbox-Scene staff will always have the final say in any matter. So, if your topic gets moved, closed, or deleted, do not:
- Re-create your topic in the forum it was moved from,
- Re-create your topic in the forum it was closed in,
- Re-create your topic if it was deleted, or
- Create a counter-argument to question why your topic was moved, closed, or deleted.
As policy still stands, you may be subject to a 7-day mute if you don't follow the guidelines of this forum. The guidelines are blatantly-stated, and have been visible for many months.
However, if you believe you [or your topic] have been dealt with unfairly, either contact a member of senior staff
or I via PM. We will provide you with a response as soon as we can.This post has been edited by xboxgamer733: Feb 24 2008, 12:11 AM