OK. Football over, and it wasn't worth watching......
Right. I still don't think you've quite got this.
First, I'd suggest you get hold of a copy of Frosty's Rescue disc. It isn't essential, but it will make things much simpler for bypassing virtual eeprom and shadow C. Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower, using DVD Decrypter 220.127.116.11.
Next, decide if you want to make all your softmod Xboxes the same, or if you want to copy the existing contents from each Xbox onto its new disk. If you want to make them all the same (I would
), get hold of Kingroach NDURE 3.1, and a clean MS Dash from Slayers, CASH or AID. Use these to build a full softmod file set, following the instructions in the Kingroach manual. Leave all the options at default, and select Unknown Kernel under Kernel Selection. The C and E folders this produces are the ones you will use to build the 5 new softmod disks.
1. Start with your chipped Xbox. Use Config Magic to take a backup of the eeprom, and FTP it to your PC. (It isn't a backup until it's on your PC......
). Unlock the disk, then set the key to all zeros as described in ldotsfan's post (linked in my first post in this thread). Reboot, and make sure your Xbox still boots properly. Take a backup of the new eeprom (but don't overwrite the first one).
2. Now, take softmod Xbox 1. Boot with Frosty's Rescue disc to bypass the virtual eeprom, and run Config Magic. Take a backup of the eeprom with Config Magic, and copy it to your PC. Without rebooting, follow the steps in ldotsfan's post to unlock, change the key, and relock the hard drive. Reboot without Frosty's Rescue disc to confirm that it still works. Boot with Frosty's Rescue disc again, and take a backup of the new eeprom (but don't overwrite the first one).
3. If you want to copy each Xbox disc individually, boot again with Frosty's Rescue disc, and use FTP to take a copy of C and E. If you are making them all the same, skip this step.
4. Then go back to your chipped Xbox. Drop in your new hard drive, and boot with Slayers. Use Slayers to set up the disk, then use FTP to copy the softmod files (either the backup fom step 3, or the new clean set, whichever you've decided to use) to C and E. Lock the disk with Config Magic. If any of the partitions is larger than 256GB, FTP XBPartitioner 1.1 to the Xbox and use it to reformat the F/G partitions. Take it out of the chipped Xbox, and put it into your softmod Xbox. Confirm that it boots.
5. On the first softmod Xbox only, and only if you are making them all the same, boot the Xbox normally, then FTP a clean copy of the stock C from Slayers / AID / CASH over to the empty softmod C partition. Then boot the Xbox with Frosty's Rescue disc, copy C:\shadowc\shadowc.img from your Xbox to your PC, and use it to replace the shadowc.img file in the softmod file set you created earlier.
Repeat steps 2,3 and 4 for all of the other softmod Xboxes.