Im sick of seeing people posting topics on how they unlocked their HD and now the xbox wont boot soo heres a tricky but the ONLY solution that doesent involve a modchip.....
1. If you didnt make a note of your hdd locking code or made an evox backup, go away now, you are very dumb.
2.If you made a note of the locking code good job! proceed to step 8
3. If you made an evox backup you are veeeeeeery lucky but have a harder job
4. Get ahold of these apps from the "useual places",Unlockx.exe,fatxexplorer and hdd driver, and a blank, dos formatted floppy disc.
5.Ok firstofall you need to connect your xbox's hd to your pc and change the jumper setting to slave, connect it to the secondary ide channel
6. Make an .iso of your xbox's hd using hddriver
7. find the locking code.txt file in the .iso using fatxexplorer and make a note of it
8.Put Unlockx.exe in a MS-DOS formatted floppy disc that your pc can boot from
9.Turn off your pc and connect the xbox hd to the PRIMARY ide channel, and set your pc's bios to boot from floppy disc
10.Run Unlockx.exe from the floppy and select the xbox's hd then press "L" to lock
it will ask for the password which is the locking code that you just obtained MAKE SURE YOU TYPE IT IN EXACTLY RIGHT OR YOU ARE SCREWED!!
11. Disconnect xbox hd, set jumper to cable select and your done, Congrats!!
Guide By Focused Soul