Hey guys, what's up?
Two months, that's how long I've been away, whew, longest ever. Actually, I just came back a couple of weeks ago, only to find my PC not working due to bad memory. I've been in and out of the city, but it's over now. I finally found some time to fix my PC and now it's working again. So, I'm back.
I just did a quick check and found quite a few emails and some PMs dated as early as first week of January. Yeah, that's how long I've been offline. Haven't read any of them yet but I will the soonest time possible. Expect a reply towards mid to end of the week. Sorry if it seemed I ignored your emails but I just don't have the means to access them during my 6-week hiatus. It's not really a break but work related.
Anyways, I just uploaded a new WIP build. I was supposed to upload this one 2nd week of January but I didn't have the chance to do so. I did a quick recompile since I reinstalled everything on my PC and now, it's up.
No major change since the last WIP build. Most are fixes to the bugs already reported here. Fixes some problems with (yet again) both FTP client and server, still file I/O related.
New addition: Language setting. Actually, "String Resource file" is more fitting term than language setting. Instead of presenting a list of language file, the dash shows a file browser (xml file filtered) so the file can reside anywhere on any partition. The list of replaceable string is not yet complete and only covers some messages, file manager, game saves manager and settings screen. You can find the option under "System Settings". Note that only labels can be localized/changed and not the values, so a value of "Yes" can't be changed to "Si".
I moved the "Auto-Detect" from the "Network" section to "FTP Server". I thought I could use it for another module but I can't think of something yet besides the FTP server so I moved it there for now.
I finally found a use for the "Type" attribute in the Screen saver settings. Text, Movie (Video) and Path (Slideshow) value are now separated into their own section. So, you can put a different values for each and just tell the dash which one you wanna use.
There are quite a number of small changes and bug fixes that's incorporated in this build. I don't have the complete list but I'll post it soon.
It didn't quite went the way I envisioned it. I wasn't able to put out a build as I promised but things were out of my hand. I'll try my best to make up.
Thank you all very much.