QUOTE(Leglez @ Jun 3 2007, 09:20 PM)
Ok first off I have been around the Xbox 1 modding scene for years. Ok I am buying a used 360 this coming week from a user on another website. It is a premium and I have never really looked at Xbox 360's or anything so I am not really sure what to expect. I know what all comes with it and stuff but I have a few questions.
- The xbox is about a year old and he has never had any issues. Should I do the X-Clamp replacement even though its never had problems just to be safe?
- I have This Monitor I use DVI for my PC and then have the VGA port open. So is there any way to plug the 360 into the monitor and use 720P or any type of High Def?
- When I get the xbox is there anything I should do to help decrease the chance of it failing?
- Do you need a credit card for Xbox Live? I remember on the xbox 1 you did.
1) No. ONLY if you have the 3ROL problem and you have NO other solution available to fix the problem.
2) Yes. Use the MS VGA cable to use between your monitor, and the console. The latest XBL update enhanced the VGA quality for the X360.
3) Don't move the console around alot. Practice the habit of removing a game disk inside the console before you move the system. Keep the console in a WELL ventilated place.
4) No. You can redeem a pre-paid card for XBL you purchased from the game store. I recommend you DONT give MS your credit card. They give hidden charges and fees.