XBMC for Xbox (XboxMediaCenter) SVN rev15026 build of August 19th 2008 compiled by T3CH
This is a complete snapshot of what was in SVN at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions:
+ MediaStream skin by Team Razorfish 0.87 [skin/MediaStream]
+ Killarny & Nuka1195 & Pike's Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) SVN pre-0.99.7 rev2276 [scripts/Apple Movie Trailers]
+ Team XBMC Lyrics 1.6.0 rev2266 SCRIPT [scripts/XBMC Lyrics]
+ Asteron's Tetris 1.1 SCRIPT [scripts/Tetris]
+ BigBellyBilly's T3CH Upgrader 1.7 SCRIPT [scripts/T3CH Upgrader]
+ Nuka1195's XBMC-Addons Installer 1.2c PLUGIN [plugins/programs/]
+ Codecs for mplayer [/system/players/mplayer/codecs/*]Special Note From T3CH:
NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD:
* Team Razorfish gave me permission to bundle their excellent skin 'MediaStream', so I'm gonna start doing that now. That's also why this release is 25MB larger size than usual.
* AMT updated to 0.99.7, XBMC Lyrics to 1.6.0, T3CH Upgrader to 1.7
* I will no longer include the Win32.exe that was only meant as a skinning and python development tool. Instead I suggest you use the WIN32/SDL version based on linuxport branch. You can find more info about it here
(see the sticky for download).
* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://xbmc.org/wiki/index....oper_Bug_Report
Here is the FULL changelog
since the August 12th 2008 SVN Rev14853 Build
(last one posted on xbox-scene):
INSTALL NOTES from T3CH readme/nfo:
2008-08-19 15026 merged: Linuxport changes through to rev 15020
2008-08-18 15020 fixed: Ticket #4496 (XBMC locks up when trying to "log off" to switch to a different user)
2008-08-18 15019 merged: Linuxport changes from rev 15005 -> 15016
2008-08-18 15006 fixed: Ticket #4588 - Keymap.xml errors in log file
2008-08-18 15005 merged: Linuxport changes from rev 15000 -> 15004
2008-08-18 15000 merged: Linuxport changes from rev 14910 -> 14998
2008-08-14 14914 fixed: Ticket #4487 - UPPERCASE labels in Mediastream skin.
2008-08-14 14912 merged: merged: Linuxport changes from rev 14888 -> 14910
2008-08-13 14888 merged: Linuxport changes from rev 14853 -> 14887
INFORMATION from T3CH readme/nfo:
* APPLICATION INSTALL
- Fresh Install: Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder (or where you want it).
- Upgrade: Backup the XBMC\UserData folder. Transfer whole XBMC folder to Xbox. Overwrite UserData folder with your backed up copy.
* DASHBOARD INSTALL (SOFTMODS)
ARE NOT COVERED IN THIS README, SEE http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=406656
* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here: http://xbmc.org/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot (see http://xbmc.org/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard
or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).
* AN INTRODUCTION TO PLUGINS
XBMC has a system for Media plugins to allow browsing of remote content (Internet) using the regular filesystem approach.
Plugins are put inside >>XBMC/plugins/<video/music/pictures>/<< (I already do this for the one/s I include), furthermore they also need to be installed as a source in (video/music/pictures).
You do this install by using the contextmenu choice >>Add New Source<< while in ROOT list and then choosing ***Plugins as source.
Then you highlight (not select) the folder of the plugin you want to install. It will be saved inside sources.xml for future.
* WIN32 PC ENVIRONMENT INSTRUCTIONS (WIN32 FOLDER)
Good to know, this requires DirectX9 Runtimes to be installed. Also this doesn't work with all graphics cards.
You need to:
- Copy XBMC_PC.exe & 'run_me_first.bat' from win32 to XBMC folder
- Run 'run_me_first.bat'
- Run XBMC_PC.exe
* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old settings (from UserData/guisettings.xml)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in UserData/Database/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!
Official XBMC Website
XBMC's online manual can be found at http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Main_Page
Any questions or support issues, are best asked in the XBMC support forums, which are located at http://xbmc.org/forum/
, or in the official IRC support channel, #XBMC on Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net). (NOTE folks in #XBMC can't help with info where to find builds)
If you want other scripts (extra 3rd party components), see
or use the included script installer!
If you want trainers, grab them at
The xbe has been retail patched and was built using v5849 of the XDK.
If you want to remove the startup logo, remove splash.png from the \media folder.
If you want to remove the startup sound, remove start.wav from the \skin\Project Mayhem III\sounds\ folder.
XBMC Changelog is included, see Changelog.txt
: http://xbmc.orgOfficial T3CH Website