Does it restart forever or 3 times? Any led patterns? What chip is in it? What did you do last when it was working?
- It restarts forever
- led flashes 3 times, then solid. it goes solid on the rebot and flashes when trying to access HD and DVD
- dunno what chip, not my box, but I'll take a look when i get home and see if I can identify it. Dunno why i havent before (*coughlazinesscough*).
- last time it was working, the owner was watching an mpg in XBMP and then he went screwing with the video settings. He said he thinks he tried to change resolution and then when xbox rebooted, black screen. I also asked him if the rebooting loop happened at first, and he doesnt think so but cant remember becuz it was over a month ago. His lack of cognizance is annoying the hell outta me cuz I'm sure he expects me to get it back in fully working order without any help from him.
Bad dashboard files ...
- I dunno. It used to work. He got it third-party modded, and then I installed the HD and dash and stuff. It was then when I saw the finished product that I had to get one.
Do these files go bad just like that?
Will it boot any media? Try a few Slayers discs and see if you can fix the pal/ntsc issue. A while back I had a similar problem and I could only get Slayers 2.0 to boot.
- I'm pretty sure that i have a 2.5 disk that i tried that wouldn't boot...but then again it may have just been my makeshift boot disk...I'll check again when i get home. This post has been edited by Paulitix: Jun 10 2004, 06:59 PM