poker is a game not a sport
That doesn't make any sense. Football is a game too but its a sport. If you don't classify it as a "game", what would you call it? A sport perhaps?
The following was taking from dictionary.com. Look at definition number 3. I declare number 9 the best sport of all.
sport Audio pronunciation of "sport" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)This post has been edited by celinedrules: Feb 21 2005, 08:12 PM
1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
2. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.
1. Mockery; jest: He made sport of his own looks.
2. An object of mockery, jest, or play: treated our interests as sport.
3. A joking mood or attitude: She made the remark in sport.
1. One known for the manner of one's acceptance of rules, especially of a game, or of a difficult situation: a poor sport.
2. Informal. One who accepts rules or difficult situations well.
3. Informal. A pleasant companion: was a real sport during the trip.
1. A person who lives a jolly, extravagant life.
2. A gambler at sporting events.
7. Biology. An organism that shows a marked change from the normal type or parent stock, typically as a result of mutation.
8. Maine. See summercater. See Regional Note at summercater.
9. Obsolete. Amorous dalliance; lovemaking.