The first Open dash! released
Opendash Beta Released!, legal open-source xbox dashboard
>> d0wnlab on the Xbox-Scene forums wrote..
I had some time today to finish up a beta of my OpenDash. It isn't done, nor is it a very nice dash to use, but it's the first OpenXDK(info)-based dashboard afaik. Many of the limitations are very lame, but it does the job (I suppose).
WARNING! DO NOT USE AS PRIMARY DASH WITHOUT A METHOD TO RECOVER (.. why would you want to, anyways?)!! This is completely beta software and should not be trusted. Software provided without warranty, etc. Use at your own risk.
* (2!) cool groovy backgrounds
* Browse three (3!) different directories for XBE's to run
* FTP support via mini-linux distribution (based on ltools(info))
* It's legal!
* DVD booting (although reset-on-eject is busted so, it's not that useful)
I'm posting this in development because I need a bit of help. Namely:
* Someone to make a cooler milkshape 3d model (replace model.msd with something better)
* Someone to replace bg.bmp. The red channel of the image is used in the "red-line" background. I just used a screenshot I had laying around, I'm sure a cooler effect could be used with say, clouds or something.
* Help with turning off reset-on-eject. I'm executing the command:
HalWriteSMBusValue(0x20, 0x19, 0, 0x01);
But it doesn't do anything. Any help?
* You can't boot a relative path from the mounted d:/ at the moment.
For more info, and how you can help with this great project.. check the XS forums thread
Give it a try..
Download: OpenDash Binaries / OpenDash Source
Official Site: http://th0mas.sixbit.org
Official Forum Thread: forums.xbox-scene.com
I tryed it and i'm sorry to say it is too buggy for even a release, it fromze on on loading in and once when trying to open a game folder on the f drive what do you guys think?
-wolfThis post has been edited by wolf202: Jun 30 2005, 01:23 AM