1. it's an adequate (sp?) softmod
2. nothing realy. Just don't power it off during the instalation
3. no. Instalation is easy. The most difficult part is getting the savegamr onto your Memory Unit/FAT-X formated USB stick
4. You can't realy f*ck up the instalation. You can f-up the softmod afterwards, but as long as you keep a original MS backup (both on your computer and your xbox) and never delete the savegame of the exploitable game, you should be set.
5. This is the point where SID looses. It can easily be fucked up by a person who doesn't have a clue what he's doing. SID uses PBL, which loads a hacked BIOS. Krayzie's installer on the other hand (Get Krayzie's!!! it's much better for tech-idiots
) uses nkpatcher with a shadowC drive, hiding the original sensitive C-drive.
17 megs looks too big to me, as it's supposed to fit onto an 8Mb AR. Might be the complete package, tho.
so all in all: get Krayzie's installer. It's available in the "usual place"